Microsoft certifications are among the most sought-after in IT field.You can find the list of Microsoft certifications to choose the one that corresponds your needs. In this article, we are going to highlight some of them and look at the certification exams required. Besides, there are some advice regarding the exam preparation.
Microsoft MCSA: Windows Server 2016certification
This credential is associate-level and is the beginning of your way to the Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) certificate. An individual must be ready to pass three exams covering the topics aboutworking with Windows Server 2016. These exams are 70-740, 70-741, 70-742.
Microsoft 70-742 exam
This is one of the three exams that a candidate must pass to receive the MCSA: Windows Server 2016. It is called Identity with Windows Server 2016. The individuals taking the test have the competence to install and manage Active Directory Domain Services. They have professional knowledge about Active Directory Certificate Services, Web Application proxy, among other things.
Microsoft 70-743 exam
This exam involves some of the topic areas covered in the tests 70-741, 70-742, 70-743. That’s why it is called Upgrading Your Skills to MCSA: Windows Server 2016. Thus, the test is focused on the aspects regarding storage, installation, identity andnetworking Windows Server 2016 infrastructure.
Microsoft MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructurecertification
When you have achieved the MCSA: Windows Server 2016 credential, you can continue your education to attain the MCSE certificate. MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure is intended for the experts in identity management, cloud technologies, virtualization, systems management, networking and storage. There are ten exams and you can opt for any to pass and receive the certificate. One of the tests is Microsoft 70-744:Securing Windows Server 2016.
Microsoft 70-744 exam
As the title of the exam says, it is about the Windows Server 2016 technology.Securing environments of Windows Server 2016 is one of the major tasks of the exam candidates.Therefore, the topics include securing virtualization infrastructure andnetwork infrastructure, managing privileged identities, providing threat detection and etc.
Microsoft MCSA: SQL Server 2012/2014 certification
After obtaining this certificate, you can be qualified for the job positions as a database analyst or database developer. It requires three exams to pass: exam 70-461, 70-462 andexam 70-463. When a person has received this certification, this professional can go further and try to obtain the MCSE: Data Management and Analytics certificate.
Microsoft 70-461 exam
Querying Microsoft SQL Server 2012/2014 exam is interesting for developers, system engineers, database administrators of SQL Server with at least two-year experience. Writing queries is one of the major skills that these professionals will acquire.
Microsoft 70-462 exam
The second exam for MCSA: SQL Server 2012/2014 is called Administering Microsoft SQL Server 2012/2014 Databases. The exam questions are about configuring and installing, maintainingdatabases and instances, troubleshooting and optimizing, managing data and etc.
Microsoft 70-463 exam
This is the third exam required to get MCSA: SQL Server 2012/2014. The title is Implementing a Data Warehouse with Microsoft SQL Server 2012/2014. Thus, data warehouse and ETL developers creating Business Intelligence solutions are the main target.
Microsoft MCSA: SQL 2016 Database Administration certification
If you want to validate your skills in database installation, configuration, maintenance and provisioning tasks, then this certificate is for you. One of the two exams that you are required to pass is 70-764 exam. The second is 70-765.
Microsoft 70-764 exam
Administering a SQL Database Infrastructure exam will test your knowledge of configuring data access, managing backup and restoring of databases, managing and monitoring SQL Server instances. Besides, a candidate must be skilled in managingdisaster recovery and high availability.
Microsoft 70-765 exam
Provisioning SQL Databases exam is aimed at senior developers, architects, development leads. The individuals taking the test should have knowledge of data storage options, cloud service models, service model architectures, synchronisation techniques and etc.
Microsoft MCSA: SQL 2016 Database Development certification
If you would like to be qualified for the job of a database developer, then you need to pass two exams and receive this certification. You will be a certified database professional for cloud-based and on-premises databases.
Microsoft 70-761 exam
This test is known as Querying Data with Transact-SQL. The questions of the test cover the following areas: managing data with Transact-SQL, querying data with advanced Transact-SQL components and using Transact-SQL to program databases.
Microsoft 70-762 exam
This exam questions are concentrated on developing SQL databases. Hence, it is aimed at database professionals who implement databases and ensure data availability of high level. These specialists can create database files, plan and create indexes, implement views and so on.
Now, we are going to describe the MCSE: Mobility certificate and pay a special attention to the Microsoft 70-695 exam.
Microsoft MCSE: Mobility certification
This credential shows an employer that you have the abilities needed for managing devices in modern bring-your-own-device (BYOD) enterprise. There are two exams (70-695 and 70-703) associated with this certificate and you can choose one of them to pass.
Microsoft 70-695 exam
Let’s start with the skills tested.It is highly recommended that you take sample questions to know what to expect during the actual test.According to Microsoft, the test areas include the following topics:
Implementing Operating System Deployment Infrastructure (20-25%) covering:
- Assessing Computing Environment: This section consists of questions about configuration and implementation of Microsoft Assessment & Planning Toolkit, assessing Configuration Manager reports, integrating MAP using Microsoft Center Configuring Manager and determining the load capacity of the network.
- Planning and Implementing User State Migration: This block covers design considerations such as how to determine user data, as well as setting to preserve. Other focus areas include mitigation plan for other non-migrated apps, remote storage vs. hard link, side by side migration vs. wipe and load migration, estimation of migration store size, creation of USMT (User State Migration Tool) package, securing migrated data, deployment of Windows as compact operating system, selection between migration and in-place upgrade.
- Configuration of Deployment Infrastructure: This subset covers configuration of WDS (Windows Deployment Services), installation and configuration of Microsoft Deployment Toolkit, selection of configuration manager circulation points, identification of network services supporting deployment and supporting BitLocker.
- Configuration and Management Activation: This section covers configuration of Active Directory activation, MAK and KMS.
Implementation of Lite Touch Deployment (15%-20%) covering:
- Installation and configuration of WDS: This segment focuses on configuration of unicast and multicast, configuration scheduling, adding images to WDS and restricting those who can accept images.
- Configuration of MDT: This part covers topic areas, such as configuration of deployment shares, configuration of task sequences, management of driver pool and configuration of a custom setting.
- Creation and Management of answer files: This focuses on subtopics, such as identification of suitable station for answer files, identification of correct setup phase for answering files, identification of the necessary quantity of answer files, configuration of answer file settings, usage of Windows Imaging & configuration designer, creation of autounattend.xml on answer files.
Implementation of Zero Touch Deployment (20%-25%) covering:
- Configuration of Manager for OSD: This section covers configuration deployment packages & applications, management of driver pool, configuration of task sequences andmanagement of deployment images.
- Configuration of distribution points: This block focuses on configuration of PXE, configuration of unicast and multicast, configuration of deployment to allocation points and point groups.
- Configuration of MDT & configuration manager integration: This part covers creation of MDT boot images, usage of MDT components and creation of custom task sequences.
Creation and Maintenance of Device Images (20%-25%) covering:
- Plan Images: This segment covers design consideration, such as thick, hybrid and thin images, image formatting (WIM or VHD), WDS image types, quantity of images which are based on hardware platform or OS andoperating features like desktop, IoT and mobile.
- Capturing Images: This section covers preparation of OS for capture, creation of capture images with WDS, capturing of OS image with a Configuration Manager, capturing image to new or existing WIM file.
- Maintenance of Images: This unit covers updating images with DISM; apply drivers, settings, files and updates to offline and online images; applying service sets to different images, management of embedded applications.
- Modification of Windows Installations: This part focuses on building packages, providing packages for modification to existing Windows installations.
Preparation and Deployment of Application Environment (20%-25%) covering:
- Planning and Implementing application remediation and compatibility: This segment focuses on planning considerations, which include Hyper V, VDI, RDS and 32bit vs. 64bit, usage of application compatibility toolkit, planning for co-existence application version and deployment of compatibility fixes.
- Deployment of Office using MSI: This section comprises of the customization of deployment, management of Office settings, management of Office activation, integration of Lite Touch deployment, provisions of slipstream updates and re-arm of Office.
- Deployment of Office using C2R (click-to-run): This unit focuses on configuration licensing, configuration updates, monitoring usage with Telemetry Dashboard and customization of deployment.
What can help you pass the exams?
During your preparation, you should use different trainings, books and etc. However, consider using the exam dumps as they are effective to check yourself and understand your weak areas.
Thus, check the exam dumps at http://www.examsnap.com/ website.
The bottom line
To conclude, we analyse some of the MCSA and MCSE credentials and necessary exams. There are many resources that have been developed for the Microsoft tests, but it is recommended to focus on the materials mentioned above.These study tools really helpachieve the study goals and pass the test with success.