Gauteng police arrested the last suspect they were looking for in the murder of actor and footballer Dumisani Masilela.
Police spokesman Brigadier General Mathapelo Peters said that the 34-year-old man, the sixth suspect of the 2017 murder, was banned on Sunday.
The 29-year-old Rhythm City actor died in August last year after he was shot in Tembisa South by the occupants of a black Jeep.
At the moment of shooting, the police found that six people had committed the murder.
"The first four were arrested last year, while the fifth suspect died in a robbery," Peters said.
After being shot once, Masilela managed to drive himself to the hospital where he underwent surgery. He died later that day due to his injuries.
Peters said that including the murder of Masilela, all suspects were positively associated with five cases. Three of these were carjackings reported in respectively Daveyton, Phokeng and Siyabuswa, while a case of a stolen mobile phone was in Boitekong.
Commissioner Lieutenant General Deliwe de Lange praised the intelligence-led multidisciplinary team of researchers.
"This successful arrest caused by such rigorous investigation, will help a long way to ensure that serious and violent crimes that plague Gauteng are reduced to their lowest level," he said.
The defendant appears Monday in the Benoni Magistrate Court. He will then join his alleged accomplices who are serving in the Supreme Court of Pretoria from 8 to 19 October.