A court in Mar del Plata today announced the verdict in the oral trial against three people accused of the femicide of Lucía Pérez, murdered in that spa in 2016 after they were drugged, reported judicial sources.
The judges Facundo Gómez Urso, Aldo Carnevale and Pablo Viñas called the last audience at 2.30 pm, when the situation of Matías Farías (25), Pablo Offidani (43) and Alejandro Maciel (61) will be determined.
During the accusations, the prosecutor, Daniel Vicente, asked for life imprisonment for Farias, since he was the author of "sexual abuse with aggravated carnal access in an ideal match with femicide, with the exacerbation of the supply of narcotics to a minor" .
To this extent it asked 18 years in prison for Offidani when it considered "participant necessary" of the same crime and withdrew the accusation by "hidden concealment" that weighed against Maciel, accused as someone who washes the minor's body and who has asked for freedom .
For his part, Lucia's family judge, Gustavo Marceillac, ordered the first two suspects to be sentenced to life imprisonment and Maciel to four and a half years in prison.
According to the plaintiff's hypothesis, the teenager met Farias and Offidani one day before her death, on October 7, 2016, when they approached her through a friend of the local high school 3 to sell her a cigarette. marijuana.
In the hours of the next morning they both went to look for Lucia at their house and they went to the house of the first, in Racedo to the 4500, of the Alfar district, where it would have been drugged and sexually abused.
Then the suspects took Lucia in a van to the Serena Beach Health Unit, where the minor arrived without vital functions and the doctors tried to revive her for 40 minutes.
For the prosecutor it was shown that "Farías had a plan", as he trusted the medicine during the first meeting and "charged him, sold him more drugs and approached it in a carnal way".
According to the prosecutor, he did this: "know the expected role of this type of girls, adolescents, users of toxic substances abusively and in turn without their own income" and stressed that "in a patriarchal society serves to meet their sexual need to meet as a man. "
About the lack of evidence about the rape he said that "in such cases, the androcentric perspective makes us believe that if there are no defensive traces on the victim or extremely cruel injuries there is no sexual abuse and it makes us lose sight of the fact that problem is in the asymmetry of power, between victim and perpetrator. "
"There is no doubt that Lucía Pérez was sexually abused in a context of gender violence as a result of reification of women and that narcotics were used to facilitate her, which in particular strengthened the situation of vulnerability," the prosecutor emphasized.
For its part, the official defender of the three accused, Laura Solari, rejected the crime "sexual abuse followed by death" which weighs on Farias and Offidani, since the relations between the first of them and Lucia "have been agreed".
"And if there is no sexual abuse, logically, it can not be attributed the death result provided by that figure," Solari said.
Then the defender said that "in this case the concept of gender violence does not apply because there is no femicide or there is a re-examination by those accused of Lucia."
"The most likely cause of death was the ingestion of narcotics but not sexual abuse, as the Public Prosecutor and the injured party are planning to impose this," he said.
The Lucia Perez case had a strong impact two years ago, nationally and internationally, after the prosecutor responsible for the case, María Isabel Sánchez, reported at the start of the investigation that the victim had been drugged, raped and "impaled", the last one finally thrown away.
Even this femicide resulted in the first international strike of women that took place in Argentina in 2016 with the impulse of the feminist movement Ni Una Menos.