Police hunt child sex predator after night of violence

The New Year celebrations in Australia were marred by a series of violent incidents, including attempted murder, a suspicious death, a hit and run and countless attacks.

Thousands of calls were made to paramedics across the country – including over 2,500 in NSW alone – when party-goers succumbed to extreme drunkenness and alcohol-related injuries.

For a handful of Australians, however, the last night of 2018 turned life-changing, deadly or both.

In the center of Queensland, a 67-year-old man is questioned early in the morning about the suspicious death of a young man.

The police were called at 12.30 pm to Glenpark St in North Mackay where they found a 20-year-old man in a car with suspected stab wounds. He died on the spot.

The police believe that the victim was injured during an argument in a house in Gemini Court, Andergrove, earlier in the evening. It is unclear what relationship the couple has with each other.

Three hours later, in the coastal village of Yeppoon, a man was rushed to the hospital after he was allegedly stabbed in the chest.

According to the police, emergency services were called to a home in Jeffries St at about 3:30 am where they found the 39-year-old victim with a life-threatening injury.

Queensland detectives interview a 22-year-old Yeppoon woman, who knows the man, during the incident.

In Melbourne, detectives search security images in an attempt to identify a man who sexually abused a young girl during the old and new celebrations in the CBD.

The child, who according to the police was younger than 13, was with her parents when the attack took place between Federation Square and Flinders Street, just after midnight.

She was supposed to have been on or next to a concrete barrier when she was attacked, reported nine news reports.

Victoria Police Deputy Commissioner Shane Patton described the incident as a "horrendous crime" that took place in public.

He refused to reveal details of the attack, but said the man was not known to the girl or the family.

"It is clear that we are very worried about that," Commissioner Patton told reporters. "We will understand as fully as we can in order to understand the perpetrator."

Investigate investigators of Victoria's plow for sex crime.

In Tasmania, the police are trying to identify the victim of a contract killer who closed a major highway for five hours this morning.

Emergency services were called to the Midland Highway in the north of Brighton around 03.20 hours after reporting a pedestrian hit by a vehicle.

Paramedics were confronted with a seriously injured man, probably between 20 and 30 years old.

According to the police, the man's injuries were consistent with being hit by a truck.

Detectives hope to identify the victim and determine what he was doing in a 110 km / h speed zone at the time of the incident.

Crash unit researcher Senior Constable Kelly Cordwell said it was possible that the motorist did not know they had hit someone.

She said that the victim had short brown hair and blue eyes. He wore a dark blue tracksuit with a blue and white stripe, a black Collingwood wind catcher and blue and gray Nike shoes.

Constable Cordwell said she was confident that the public could help them identify the victim so that his family could be informed.

In the southern NSW city of Wollongong, a woman is in a stable condition in the hospital after she was beaten in the street with a knife.

The police said the victim, 27, with a group of people on Kully Way in Warrawong was around 2.30 am when she got involved in an altercation.

Witnesses told the police that the woman was stabbed after the argument became physical and a knife was produced. Friends brought her to a house in Lake Heights before calling an ambulance.

No one has been arrested for the incident and detectives from the police district of Lake Illawarra appeal to witnesses who come forward.

In a separate incident, a man is in a serious but stable condition in the hospital after he is said to have been stabbed through the neck in western Sydney at night.

Emergency services were called to Cook Avenue at Canley Vale yesterday at 6 o'clock, where they found a 44-year-old man in a pool of blood.

A 61-year-old man was arrested on the spot and accused of cause injury / serious bodily injury to the person with the intent to kill, ordinary assault (DV) and stumbling.

He was refused the bail to appear at Parramatta Court later today.

Meanwhile, dramatic photos appeared during the night when the police were called to another western suburb of Sydney to spread a violent domestic incident.

Two men and a woman were arrested in a house on Wonga Rd, Lalor Park following reports of a head wound at the property.

A 21-year-old man was accused of a general attack and had to appear in the Blacktown Local Court on 16 January.

A 17-year-old boy was accused of armed with intent and was scheduled for January 17th at the Parramatta Children's Court.

The woman was released without charge. One person was treated in the hospital for a head wound, but has since been released.

On the NSW Central Coast a woman was arrested after a man was stabbed on a footpath in the suburb of Terrigal on the beach.

According to police, the 25-year-old victim was involved in an oral argument with another man on Kurrawybe Ave just before 2 o'clock at night.

Security officials came into the neighborhood and a woman intervened and the man got a tear in his neck. The woman left the scene on foot but was arrested shortly afterwards in a house in Berkley Vale.

She was accused of reckless injuries and granted conditional bail to appear

Gosford Local Court on January 22.

Source link