Home / aus / Roofer electrocuted by electric wires, four rescued

Roofer electrocuted by electric wires, four rescued



Police and SafeWork NSW investigate after a roofer has hit live wires and died while working in the west of Sydney.

The 24-year-old man worked with four other men at Moorebank when the incident took place yesterday before 2:00 PM.

Emergency services understand that the man held a metal pole when he landed against electrical wires near the building and was electrocuted.

His four employees were rescued from the roof with one man brought to Liverpool Hospital with severe burns on his legs.

A team of Endeavor Energy rushed to the site to interrupt the power supply to the building so that emergency services could finally get to the man, but he could not be saved.

A team from Fire and Rescue NSW has released its body from the site.

A report will be drawn up for the coroner.


Source link