Tony Robbins – a well-known motivational speaker, who liked Kim Kardashian at his seminars – has been accused of sexual misconduct by countless women. Here are 5 quick facts about the self-help expert.
Tony Robbins, 59, was struck by a lot of allegations of sexual misconduct in a new one BuzzFeed News article, published on May 17, 2019. The outlet stated that it did a year-long investigation of the claims of my multiple women – some of whom worked for the motivational speaker at some point. "Years of research by BuzzFeed News, based on leaked recordings, internal documents and dozens of interviews with fans and insiders, reveals how Robbin has lashed abusive victims and subjected his followers to unorthodox and potentially dangerous techniques," the article said. "And former female fans and staff members have accused him of inappropriate sexual advances." – Read more about Tony below.
1. Tony is an American author, philanthropist, motivational speaker and life coach from North Hollywood, CA. – Born in Anthony J. Mahavoric on February 29, 1960, Tony is known for his seminars and self-help books, including bestsellers CAREFUL: your financial freedom Playbook and Awaken The Giant Within. In 2015 and 2016 he was listed on the Worth Magazine Power 100 list. Tony is the eldest of three children and has said that his home life & # 39; chaotic & # 39; and & # 39; offensive & # 39; used to be. When he was 17, Tony left home and never came back. He grew extremely poor and raised his younger brothers and sisters himself, trying to protect them from their abusive alcoholic mother. "I grew up with poor people," he said ABC news in 2015. "So I wanted to do something and I have a unique gift that most people don't know."
2. He has (or had) an impressive selection of celebrity followers. – Tony claimed he has helped countless famous faces, including Aerosmith, Green day, debt collector and Pitbull, according to his website. He even worked with President Bill Clinton, Oprah, and Serena Williams. The Kardashian family was present once in March 2017 at a Tony seminar entitled & # 39; Unleash The Power Within & # 39; at the University of Southern California. Kim and Kourtney Kardashian, together with sister Kendall Jenner and Kim & # 39; s husband, Kanye West all attended.
3. Tony garnered a lot of attention for his "fire run", which includes the task of walking over glowing coals. – "The run of fire is essentially a metaphor for whatever holds you back or prevents you from leading a fulfilled life. Walking over those hot coals is a symbolic experience that proves you can get through the fire, that you can do survive, "explains Tony & # 39; s website. At a June 2016 seminar in Dallas, about 40 people were seriously injured after an attempted firing.
4. Tony has returned to charity after his huge success. – He is said to be worth about $ 500 million and has generously given back after his own experiences of growing up poor. He is a partner in the Feed America organization, which has provided food to more than 46 million people through food banks in the United States. Tony aims to "provide a billion meals by 2025," his website said.
5. He has had an interesting personal life. – Tony is married Rebecca "Becky" Jenkins in 1984, after they met at one of his seminars. The couple were divorced on in 1998. In 1984 Tony fathered a child while he was married to Becky, a former girlfriend Liz Acosta. His son's name is Jairek Robbins.Tony married his second and current wife, Bonnie "Sage" Humphrey in 2001. The couple reportedly lives in Palm Beach, Florida.