The man accused of the death of Wade Still, found burnt on the side of the road, appears in court

Wade Still.

Wade Still.

Photo: Delivered

Mr. McCauley remained silent as he sat in the dock during the short appearance at the Toronto court.

The 35-year-old must appear via a video link on the same court on 28 August.

Mr. McCauley heard that he fell when he was led back to the company's cells, asking concerned family members about his well-being.

The visibly distressed family members refused to talk to the media when they left the court.

& # 39; I will never forget this incident & # 39 ;: first responder

A fireman who treated a severely injured Mr Still on the side of the road, told how the work affected him more than any other in his decade with Fire and Rescue NSW.

"I have been with fatal fires before, but this person lived, talked, screamed," he said. "I will never forget this incident, it is one that keeps me awake to think about that night, thinking of the screams, the images in my head of what I saw."

The firefighter, who asked not to be mentioned, told it Newcastle Herald his crew arrived just after 1 hour after a report of a grass fire in Oakdale Road – their fifth during that 24-hour shift.

"I put the window down to look closer and noticed a man who screamed in pain and burned noticeably," he said.

"We got out of the truck and went to the victim and noticed that he had horrific injuries, I had never seen anything like that and I think we were all in shock."

The crew provided first aid until paramedics arrived.

Police on the spot in Whitebridge where the body of Wade Still was found.

Police on the spot in Whitebridge where the body of Wade Still was found.

Photo: Fairfax Media

The firefighter said that he had traveled with Mr Still in the ambulance when he was taken to the waiting Westpac Rescue helicopter.

But by the time they traveled a few miles, Mr. Still had to be unloaded and treated by the roadside.

"I assisted where I could and saw nothing less than the brilliance of these men and women from the NSW Ambulance service who did their utmost to save the life of this man," he said.

"We were on the road for what felt like 20 minutes and I saw things that I have never seen before in my medical career."

Taxi driver James Madden told Seven News that he, while comforting the dying man along the way, shouted in pain.

"He screamed to the top of his lungs," I'm dying, I'm going to die. "He was screaming, it was terrible," said Mr. Madden.

"He was very burnt and scorched, there was very little clothing left."

Source link

Leave a Reply