If you rub with drone enthusiasts, you probably know that one of the biggest drone manufacturers, DJI, recently announced the DJI Mavic 2 – as the second series of a legendary drone and a completely new aerial photography system that every enthusiast will love .
The partnership that gives DJI a new camera perspective
It is clear that the best way to assess a new drone on the market is through the camera, lens and specifications. For the latest edition of the Mavic 2 Pro, DJI worked together with the Swedish camera manufacturer Hasselblad. At the beginning of 2017, DJI acquired an important share in the iconic Swedish camera brand Hasselblad.
Known for their "iconic ergonomic design, Swedish craftsmanship and uncompromising image quality", as DJI describes them, the Swedish company brings many novelties into the new DJI drone. With a history of camera-making dating back to 1941, the new Hasselblad L1D-20c camera integrated into the DJI Mavic 2 Pro features many unique systems and helps users to create amazing 20-megapixel aerial recordings with impeccable color details.
Sharp and with improved recording options in low light
In short, the DJI Mavic 2 Pro is equipped with the cooperated Hasselblad L1D-20c camera and brings with it many innovative experiences in the field – as well as improvements in terms of photo capture capabilities.
The Hasselblad L1D-20c is also known as a state-of-the-art & # 39; camera when it comes to aerial photography. According to many reviews this camera excels when it comes to sharp aerial photographs of sharp quality.
What's newer, apart from the new camera, are the amazing photo opportunities in low light that make it a lot better and prove that DJI has worked on modes and low light series – to bring them with the widest color accuracy in the new model .
The Hasselblad Natural Color Solution (HNCS)
Speaking of the accuracy of cameras and colors, the solution that DJI and Hasselblad have worked on is called the Hasselblad Natural Color Solution – nicknamed HNCS. In many ways, this technology enables image registration with the highest possible color accuracy. As such, it adapts to the imaging process of the Mavic 2 Pro and the functions of this amazing commercial drone are enhanced.
While the HNCS is the main reason behind the broader spectrum of colors in each image, the Hasselblad L1D-20c camera is guilty & # 39; for the amazing images in low light. Combined, the color accuracy and natural color selection result in a sharp and clear image.
Most importantly, this system takes on the tricky task of having to select from multiple presets – and provides finished and still images in combination with tonal rendering functions.
Other important functions
Apart from the 20 megapixel camera, the 10 but Dlog-M and 10-bit HDR video and the above functions, the DJI Mavic 2 Pro excels when it comes to flight time.
Even with such robust technology and infrastructure, the Mavic 2 Pro manages to fly for up to 31 minutes, raising the standard in every possible way. The functions for 2x optical zoom and omnidirectional obstacle detection also make the drone very independent and easy to operate.
The color profile of Dlog-M, however, is what the technical reviewers and analysts describe as & # 39; most amazing & # 39; in the new camera technology of the DJI Mavic 2 Pro. This color profile actually provides a higher dynamic range and therefore offers more flexibility in the assessment room. With more than 1 billion colors captured in the lens (compared to the 15 million colors in the standard 8-bit color coding technologies), this color profile sets a new standard in the industry and shows impeccable details in both highlights and shadows. Whether it is noon, sunset or midnight, it will excel and leave a big space for post-production.
All new features of the DJI Mavic 2 Pro
There are many new features in the DJI Mavic 2 Pro that we have not mentioned so far. The best way to view them is in a list, so we mention them below:
- Hyperlapse mode added, including four sub modes: free, circle, price lock and waypoints
- Added Dolly Zoom submodus for QuickShots (Mavic 2 Zoom only).
- Added enhanced recording modes for HDR and HyperLight.
- Added Subrups Super Resolution for Panorama (Mavic 2 Zoom only).
- 2x digital zoom lens added (only Mavic 2 Zoom Available when recording video in 1080p 24/25/30 fps).
- Emergency RTH and emergency landing added for low battery RTH.
- Set the low battery warning level to 25%.
- Improved stability for POI by optimizing the way the location of the subject is measured (Mavic 2 Zoom only).
- Fixed problem in Panorama, where the camera could not take photos and could improve the overall photo quality in Panorama.
- Fixed problem where the plane would move unexpectedly due to compass interference.
- Fixed problem where the gimbal did not re-occur after closing QuickShots.
- Fixed problem with AE flicker (Mavic 2 Pro only) and problem with green dot (Mavic 2 Zoom only).
- Improved the overall photo quality of both Mavic 2 Pro / Zoom.
- Optimized the performance of the Vision Systems.
- 2 m minimum flight altitude added to ActiveTrack 2.0.
- Fixed problem in QuickShots where the camera could not record video and improve the overall video quality in QuickShots.
A final word
As you can see, the DJI Mavic 2 Pro commercial drone is more than just a better version & # 39; from his predecessor. For many, it is a serious improvement over the previous model – and something that every commercial customer deserves at times when drone technology is flourishing.
If you are interested in watching the DJI Mavic 2 Pro in detail, visit the official website and see its high performance with current images, recordings and visual displays of the new features.