A cloud of gloom is hanging over India while his former prime minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee died on Thursday, August 16th at Delhi's All India Institutes of Medical Sciences (AIIMS). The final rites of the BJP took place in Smriti Sthal at 4 pm.
As it happened:
- The previous prime minister was cremated with state authorities Namita Bhattacharya puts out a stake
- The last rites for Vajpayee are in progress. The final rites are performed by Atal Bihari Vajpayee & # 39; s daughter Namita Bhattacharya.
- Tricolor wrapped around the remains of Atal Bihari Vajpayee handed over to his granddaughter Niharika.
- Foreign ministers give flowers to Vajpayee.
- Last greeting granted to former prime minister in Smriti Stable.
- Modi and other ministers lay wreaths on the former prime minister.
- The leaders of the Indian armed forces pay their last tributes to Vajpayee.
- Mortal remains of former prime minister have reached Smriti Sthal for funeral.
- Visuals from Vajpayee's last trip.
1 / 2
- Union Jack flies half-mast at the British High Commission in New Delhi as a sign of respect for the former prime minister.
- Former Afghanistan President Hamid Karzai arrives in Delhi, he will attend the funeral of former prime minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee.  Atal Bihari Vajpayee funeral "title =" Former Afghanistan President Hamid Karzai arrives in Delhi. "Width =" 660 "height =" auto "tw =" 1200 "th =" 900 "/>
Former Afghanistan president Hamid Karzai arrives in Delhi ANI
- Hundreds of people flock in to take part in Vajpayee's last trip to Smriti Sthal.
- Bystanders take pictures as a vehicle with the coffin with it body of the former prime minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee walks through India Gate during the funeral procession, in New Delhi on August 17.
- The last trip of the former prime minister is started.
- Various politico & # 39; s speak high about Vajpayee & # 39; s special attention to humanity.
As prime minister he was simple, he treated everyone respectfully. When asked how he would solve the problem of Kashmir within constitutional boundaries, he said that we will solve it with humanity. With this he won hearts from Kashmiris: Sudheendra Kulkarni, former employee of #AtalBihariVajpayee pic.twitter.com/ uEAlG4mTd7
– ANI (@ANI) 17 August 2018
- Visuals of foreign dignitaries arriving in Delhi to pay their tributes to Vajpayee.
- The former Prime Minister had maintained peaceful bilateral ties with several countries and was an active member of the UN General Assembly for several years.
1 / 2
- ] Foreign Minister Abul Hassan Mahmood Ali of Bangladesh flew to Delhi this morning to pay his last tribute to Vajpayee
- Veteran BJP leader LK Advani, who was long-term friends with Vajpayee, arrived at the BJP headquarters.
- Minister for Foreign Affairs of Nepal Pradeep Kumar Gyawali has arrived in Delhi
- Maharashtra CM Devendra Fadnavis and Chhattisgarh CM Raman Singh pay last respects to Vajpayee, who died on August 16.
1 / 2
- King of Bhutan is in Delhi for the funeral of Vajpayee
- UP hoo fdminister Yogi Adityanath is at the BJP headquarters paying his tribute to Vajpayee before the veteran leader begs his last trip at 1 am.
- DMK leader A Raja, Assam CM Sarbananda Sonowal and Manipur CM N Biren Singh pay last respects to Vajpayee.
1 / 2
- BJP leaders pay their tributes to the veteran leader of the saffron batches.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi pays the last obeisances to Vajpayee at the head office of BJP.
- The mortal remains of Vajpayee reach the headquarters of BJP.
- Bhutan's King Jigme Khesar Namgyel Wangchuk, Nepal Minister of Foreign Affairs PK Gyawal, Sri Lanka, Acting Foreign Minister Lakshman Kiriella, Foreign Affairs of Bangladesh Minister Abul Hassan Mahmood Ali and Pakistan Law Minister Ali Zafar will today Arrive in Delhi to pay tribute to the former Premier.
- Visuals from outside BJP HQs:
- Most streets in Delhi remain closed today.
Delhi: a huge crowd of people joined the procession, while the remains of the former prime minister #AtalBihariVajpayee were taken from his home to the BJP headquarters. People chanting & # 39; Atal Bihari amar rahe & # 39; and & # 39; Vande Mataram & # 39 ;. pic.twitter.com/MYJ5BcTi9k
– ANI (@ANI) August 17, 2018
- The body of Vajpayee is taken to the BJP headquarters.
- PM Narendra Modi arrives at the headquarters of BJP at Dane Dayal Upadhyay Marg, where mortal remains of the former Prime Minister Vajpayee will soon be brought.
1 / 2
- ] The Supreme Court and the Registry will take a half on Friday (August 17) day of vacation and will stay in the area until 13.00.
- Politicians come along to pay their last honor to the former prime minister.
- Chef Bipin Rawat paid his last respect to the BJP leader.
- Chief of Naval Staff A dmiral Sunil Lanba pays homage to former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee in his hometown in Delhi.
- The body of the BJP veteran has been preserved 6-A, Krishna Menon Marg.
- The protocol and media department of the AIIMS hospital issued a medical bulletin confirming the unfortunate demise of the leader. "It is with great sadness that we inform about the sad ending of the former Prime Minister of India Sri Atal Bihari Vajpayee at 17.05, on 16.08.2018", said the release.