- An offensive fireworks display between Slovakia and Canada goes to the visitors 6: 5.
- Mark Stone scores Canada 3.2 seconds before the end of the match.
The fact that the game turned out to be a very special game was already noticeable in the 9th minute. After a double attack by Matus Sukel and Adam Liska, the hosts from Slovakia suddenly appeared against the eternal favorites. And the spectators in the hall should not regret the visit to the game.
When Ladislav Nagy scored the 5: 5 equalizer for Slovakia in the 52nd minute, the game had seen almost everything. A short summary of the roller coaster ride:
- Anthony Mantha and Shea Theodore matched for Canada just before the end of the first third for 2-2.
- Marko Dano (22) and again Liska (26) also made a double attack at the start of the second section.
- Jonathan Marchessault (28 & # 39;) and Anthony Cirelli (29 & # 39;) brought 4: 4 right in the crazy game.
- The first guest tour through Troy Stecher (37th) only lasted until the 52nd minute.
A game that would have earned overtime didn't get it. Three and a half seconds before the clock came to an end, Canadians took advantage of Mark Stone and took the win dramatically – a stab in the hearts of the hosts.
VS wins in duel against the giant talent
In Group A & # 39; s second game, Brady Skjei and Johnny Gaudreau took the American star ensemble to Finland in the first period. Langnau striker Harri Pesonen and Niko Ojamaki were able to compensate the Finns, but until the end of the 2nd part. Again and again both teams failed in the episode for the strong keepers.
In the extra time, Dylan Larkin became the competition winner for the US. While the Americans win the second victory, Finland & # 39; s first defeat in the third match.
Special attention was paid to this, but especially to the two youngest protagonists. While Jack Hughes (17) is still waiting for the first championship point in the middle of the star ensemble of the United States and was not so often demanded, the Finn Kaapo Kakko (18) was rewarded with much ice age by his coach. This time there were also score points for Kakko, who scored 5 goals in the first two games, none.
Broadcast: Radio SRF 3, Abendbulletin, 13.05.2019