James Bond is looking for a new director «kleinezeitung.at



Boyle jumped a few months before he photographed because of "creative differences". Now the rumor mill sees possible alternative candidates.

16:52, August 22, 2018

James Bond - Casino Royale
The director lost to the fifth Bond-bet of Daniel Craig © ORF

Maybe the James Bond producers should have known that too Danny Boyle does not work. "I'm really not the type to make such films," the director said in an interview in 2013 with the BBC. "I prefer to work under the radar than I have the responsibility to meet a certain expectation." Now the planned engagement is even cracked.

The expectations of the producers Barbara Broccoli and Michael G. Wilson Boyle apparently has not fulfilled his vision and has drawn the consequences. A few months before the recordings began, he stopped with "creative differences" – a one-off event in the more than 50-year history of the film series.

Recording start date shakes

Many had hoped for the mediocre Specter & # 39; (2015) that brought the 61-year-old fresh wind into the Bond project. The surprising rejection of the Oscar winner ("Slumdog Millionaire") caused disappointing reactions among fans – and comes at the most unfavorable time for the bond makers and their company EON. Filming for Bond 25, the fifth and probably the last film Daniel Craig the main role should actually start on December 3rd. Preparations at Pinewood Studios near London have already begun. Now it is completely unclear how it goes.

FILES-ENTERTAINMENT-FILM-BOND-DANNYBOYLE "class =" lazyload "data-src =" http://www.kleinezeitung.com/images/uploads_600/e/6/b/5484139/D7BB9E12-06D6-468E-8512- 7C830C5B93F0_v0_h.jpg "data-src-big =" / images / uploads / e / 6 / b / 5484139 / D7BB9E12-06D6-468E-8512-7C830C5B93F0_v0_h.jpg
Bye, mr. Bond: Danny Boyle said as a director Photo © APA / AFP / TOBIAS BLACK

Replacement candidates?

Immediately after the announcement on Tuesday, numerous alternative candidates for Boyle were traded in international media, including many old acquaintances. Sam Mendes, who filmed the last two Bond films "Skyfall" and "Specter" will probably not be convinced again. The indicated Bond fan Christopher Nolan ("The Dark Knight") is called every time a 007 director is searched. The Brit said earlier this year that he "would ever want to shoot one again". But now as an emergency solution? Difficult to imagine.

Denis Villeneuve ("Blade Runner 2049") was one of the favorites before the election fell on Boyle. The Canadian is currently working on the reissue of the science fiction epic "Dune" and is therefore excluded. Another name that is now traded again Yann Demange ("& # 39; 71"). British bookmakers are currently the Frenchman, even as a favorite. But that does not have to mean anything at all.

The man for the "first time"

Meanwhile, some fans hope Martin Campbellwho has already proven twice that they are lucky for the producers. The 74-year-old helped both Pierce Brosnan with "Goldeneye" (1995) as well Daniel Craig with "Casino Royale" (2006) to a commercially successful agent debut. Precisely because he is very familiar with the secret agent, the New Zealander seems an obvious solution. But it is equally possible that Broccoli and her half-brother Wilson have a completely different director or director in mind.

Second script

The descendants of the original producer Albert R. "Cubby" Broccoli stand for another important decision. What happens after the Boyle fiasco with the script of the Scottish author John HodgeDid Boyle help himself? They have not commented on this yet. Hodge is considered a friend of the director and has collaborated with him on many films, including Trainspotting & # 39; and & # 39; The Beach & # 39 ;.

According to insiders, there must be a second script or at least a design for Bond 25: it comes from the author duo Neil Purvis and Robert Wade, who has written the scripts for all Bond adventures since the Brosnan film & # 39; The World Is Not Enough & # 39; (1999). When Boyle was hired, he brought his buddy Hodge with him. And the script of Purvis and Wade ended up in the drawer.

A script change would be problematic. Casting, backgrounds and filming locations – all this has to be re-examined and re-planned. That would be time-consuming. The announced launch of the film in October 2019 would then be postponed with great probability. That also seems possible at this moment.

Danny Boyle Incidentally, this is not the first time that headlines have been created with creative differences & # 39 ;. As artistic director for the opening ceremony of the 2012 Summer Olympics in London he got into a discussion with the organizers about the position of the cameras in the stadium. He wanted spectacular recordings. The main goal of the Olympic Committee was to record the sporting events best. They finally agree.

Part of the opening ceremony was also a short, entertaining film in which Daniel Craig can be seen as Agent 007 next to Queen Elizabeth II. Unfortunately, there is no such thing as a second Bond and Boyle project. The producers are faced with difficult weeks.


Source link

Leave a Reply