iPad explodes in the Apple Store – loading evacuated



On Sunday, an iPad apparently exploded in an Apple Store in the center of Amsterdam. The store had to be temporarily evacuated.

In an Apple Store in Amsterdam, an overheated or defective battery has caused an explosion. This reported the Dutch news portal AT5 on Sunday afternoon.

Germany speaks!
Great reader action by t-online.de

Our "Germany speaks" campaign brings people together with different opinions. Would you like to be there?
Read more here.

According to the report, an iPad suddenly went up in flames. Employees extinguished the fire by dropping the device in a container of sand. However, it could not prevent smelly smoke from spreading. The fire department ordered the evacuation of the store, which is located in the middle of the lively Leidseplein in Amsterdam.

The battery is the biggest vulnerability on many mobile devices. Experts advise you never to charge the smartphone unattended. There are always Reports and video & # 39; s of devicesthat is spontaneously ignited as a result of a faulty or overheated battery. Samsung even had to withdraw its flagship Smartphone Note 7 because of the risk of fire. There was one in March in Amazon Recall due to bad power banks,

Fortunately, nobody was injured in the incident in Amsterdam. However, three people who had been in the store at the time of the explosion were treated for respiratory problems. The Apple Store could open again that same afternoon.


Source link

Leave a Reply