Formula 1 hammer: Force India for Aus?



Despite the still unclear situation around the Force India team, Formula 1 driver Sergio Pérez certainly expects a start at the Belgian Grand Prix on Sunday (3.10 PM in oe24 live scores) in Spa-Francorchamps. "For me everything is as usual, this team is used to being in a difficult position," said the Mexican Thursday in the paddock.

Previously, commercial media had reported that the hostage rescue had stalled in bankruptcy. Even the team's participation in the 13th race of the season could be jeopardized. Of course there are problems, especially with the takeover of the race license by the new owners around the Canadian billionaire Lawrence Stroll.

Moreover, an inferior competitor in the bidding process doubts the legality of the change of ownership. On Thursday was still open, whether the team in Spa under the old name Force India or under a new name begins. As a precaution, the signs of Force India had already been removed from the team accommodation.

In the long run, however, regular Pérez sees the race team better positioned with the new owners. "The team is very optimistic and satisfied, we will be financially more stable next year," said the 28-year-old. For his own future Pérez did not want to say anything yet. "I know what I'm doing next year and we'll see when the time comes to tell it."


Source link

Leave a Reply