The trade dollar closed this Friday (17) with a high of 0.24%, which was quoted on R $ 3,915 on sale. It is the third progress followed and again the highest closing value since July 5 (R $ 3,934). The Ibovespa the most important index of the Brazilian stock market, closed 1.03%, with a decrease of 1.31%, the second followed by valuation.
to 76.028.5 points, in the third consecutive low and reached the lowest level since July 12 (75.856.22 points). In the week the stock market accumulated a devaluation of 0.63%. It was the second weekly autumn.
In Brazil, the session had an impact on the unveiling of a new election survey (see below). Research results usually cause concern on the market and make room for speculation. In the external scenario, investors continued to monitor the situation in Turkey.
Petrobras and banks fall
One of the highlights of the stock market is the shares of the mining company Vale (+2.17) recorded an increase while the shares of Petrobras (-2.59%) and the banks Itaú Unibanco (-2.56%), Bank of Brazil (-3.52%) and Bradesco (-3.05) closed. A survey commissioned by XP Investimentos shows that PSDB candidate Geraldo Alckmin had 9 percent of the voting intentions in scenarios without the presence of former President Luiz
Inácio Lula da Silva, up 10% in the survey of last week. The survey also showed that Fernando Haddad, probably the deputy of the PT leader in the trial, gained ground over the previous survey, which still held the name
"The market doubts whether other candidates have the prerequisites for reforms by to perform, which causes a bad mood, "said the strategist of Manuela D & # 39; Ávila (PCdoB), before renouncing the bid to close the alliance with the PT.
See some information about the research:
Scenario without Lula
- Jair Bolsonaro (PSL) – 23%
- Marina Silva Ourinvest bank, Fernanda Consort, in an interview with the Reuters news agency. (7)
- Álvaro Dias (We can) – 5%
- Fernando Alonso (PSDB) – 9%
- Ciro Gomes (PDT) – 8%
- Henrique Meirelles (MDB) – 2%  João Amo (New), Cabo Daciolo (Patriota), Guilherme Boulos (PSOL) and Vera Lúcia (PSTU) – each 1%
- João Goulart Filho (PPL) and José Maria Eymael (DC) – did not reach 1% ] White and zero – 24%
- Do not know – 6%
- Has not responded – 1%
Scenario with Lula
- Lula (PT) – 31%
- Jair Bolsonaro (PSL)
- João Amoêdo (P) – 7%
- Geraldo Alckmin (PSDB) – 9%
- Marina Silva (network) – 8%
- Ciro Gomes (PDT) – 7% New), Henrique Meirelles ( MDB), Cabo Daciolo (Patriot), Vera Lúcia (PSTU) – each 1%
- João Goulart Filho (PPL), José Maria Eymael (DC), Guilherme Boulos (PSOL) – did not reach The company XP Investimentos has the Ipespe (Institute for Social, Political and Economic Research) contracted to conduct research.
- White and zero – 13%
- Do not know – 3%
- Has not responded – 0%
weekly on the presidential race.
again on 13 and 15 August and heard 1,000 people by phone in all regions of the country. The survey has an estimated confidence level of 95.45% and an estimated margin of error of 3.2 percentage points, more or less.
The investigation is registered with the TSE (Supreme Electoral Court) with the number BR
The Turkish lira dropped during this trading session against the dollar, with concerns about the influence of the Turkish president Tayyip Erdogan , about the economy, and their claims for lower interest rates. Even more weighed the news that a Turkish court dismissed the appeal to put the Christian-American reverend Andrew Brunson from house arrest. It is the pivot of a diplomatic dispute between Turkey and the US
Read more about the crisis in Turkey:
The Brazilian central bank auctioned 4,800 traditional currency swaps in this session, equal to the sales of US dollars to roll over the September period, totaling $ 5.255 billion. If you keep this daily offer and sell it by the end of the month, you have played the full role.