Car crashed in deadly crash – BC News



He not only broke into a summer cabin, he made himself at home and stayed for a few days.

Chase RCMP Cpl. Scott Linklater said on August 12, the police received a report of a break, treading and theft on two seasonal homes in the 4700 block of Squilax Anglemont Road in Celista.

"The owners reported that there was a break in both cabins and it seemed that the suspects had spent some time in one of the cabins," Linklater said. "People in the area report a male driver who is driving a red pick-up from Toyota that has been in the homes for several days."

The truck, a red Toyota pick-up from 1990 with BC registration plate KN8982, was found to have been stolen. This vehicle has not been recovered yet.

Everyone with information about the incident is asked to call the police.

57868

A violent crash this morning on Vancouver's West Side has claimed the city's eighth death in 2018.

An auto-share of Modo Nissan Versa was crushed in the crash, which took place just before 15:00 on Arbutus Street.

Speed ​​is supposed to be a factor, because the driver lost control and hit a retaining wall near West 33rd Avenue.

The driver, a 30-year-old man from Burnaby, died on the spot. His passenger, a 32-year-old man from Langley, was taken to hospital with minor injuries.

The crash closed Arbutus Street between West 32nd Avenue and Quilchena Crescent while the police investigated the scene.

Chase RCMP is looking for a suspected arsonist.

On 12 August at 4:10 PM the police received a report of a structural fire at the Royal Bank, 746 Shuswap Ave.

The Chase Fire Department was present to extinguish the fire.

"Police research has determined that the fire is suspicious in nature," Cpl said. Scott Linklater. "A gray or silver hatchback, similar in style to a newer Honda Civic model, was observed leaving the area immediately after the blaze was set.

"Chase RCMP would like to talk to the occupants of the vehicle or someone who has information about this vehicle."

57492

RCMP in Coquitlam says that shots that were fired at night in the city were probably targeted.

The drive-by-shooting happened today around 1:15 am on the 1200-block of Thomas Avenue.

Several shots were shot in a house, but no one was injured.

Cpl. Michael McLaughlin says that no arrests have been made, but the police are gathering evidence and interviewing witnesses.

Anyone with information is asked to contact Coquitlam RCMP at 604-945-1550 or with CrimeStoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS) or www.solvecrime.ca.


August 24, 2018 / 9:55 am | Story:
234779

UPDATE: 9:55 a.m.

The Integrated Homicide Investigation Team says the police found the body of a white woman in the late twenties around 7:45 PM. after a report of a suspicious event to the north of the Boston Bar.

IHIT says it was clear that the woman was the victim of murder.

A white Chevrolet Astro van from 1994 was confiscated at the crime scene and is supposed to be associated with the murder. Researchers would like to speak to anyone who has information about the vehicle.

"The priority for our investigators will be to positively identify the female victim and inform her family about her death," Cpl says. Frank Jang from IHIT.

A man who has been arrested on the spot has since been released from police custody.

Anyone with information is asked to contact the IHIT information line via 1-877-551-IHIT (4448), e-mail [email protected] or call CrimeStoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477).


ORIGINAL: 9:30 am

One person was arrested and investigated murder detectives after a body was found along the Trans-Canada Highway at the Boston Bar in the Fraser Canyon.

RCMP says that the Integrated Homicide Investigation Team and officers from the Hope and Chilliwack divisions were named Wednesday on a suspicious event 12 kilometers north of the Boston Bar.

The unnamed victim was found near Highway 1 and the police said that one person had been arrested on the spot.

Cpl. Mike Rail says in a press release that death is not considered an arbitrary act.


August 24, 2018 / 9:36 hours | Story:
234,778

According to the Vancouver police, an arrest has been committed in the seventh murder of the city in 2018.

The 48-year-old Ngoc Chau Nguyen was accused on Wednesday of the second-degree murder of Minh Huu Dam.

Dam was injured during an early morning fight outside a restaurant in East Vancouver on 22 April and died shortly afterwards in the hospital.

Nguyen remains in custody.

He plans to appear in court next Tuesday.

Revelstoke RCMP got earlier this week more than they expected from a traffic stop.

Cpl. Thomas Blakney said on Wednesday, August 22 at 6:30 pm. police stopped a vehicle to accelerate about 10 kilometers east of Revelstoke on Highway 1.

"On further investigation, the RCMP seized about 10 kilos of cannabis, three forbidden weapons, a knife, a replica gun, contraband and Canadian currency," said Blakney.

Besides the fact that his vehicle was confiscated for seven days, the unidentified 45-year-old man from Abbotsford got a quick card.

The police advises allegations of property for the purpose of human trafficking and possession of prohibited weapons.


August 24, 2018 / 8:42 hours | Story:
234774

Mother Nature seemed to tease with the postponement of Thursday's smoke in parts of the Okanagan. Today it is back with a vengeance.

Meanwhile, Environment Canada offers some hope to Metro Vancouver residents and the Fraser Valley after nearly a week of stationary, smoke-filled air – but the forecast is not as positive for people closer to the forest fires in the interior of B.C.

Advice for air quality remains intact for most of the province because of high particle levels in the natural fire smoke.

The weather office says that those fine particles should continue to fall on the Lower Mainland and that a smog advice is omitted.

Cooler temperatures and fresh, quiet air that blows to the coast are credited for the postponement, but forecasters say that winds across the interior will pinch the smoke there and communities with wind fires of forest fires will remain shrouded for the foreseeable future.

Winds also complicate the fight against many fires, including two with a combined surface of more than 1,000 square kilometers south-west of Burns Lake and along the south coast of Lake Francois.

Officials say no new houses have been lost since the fire three in Lower Post near the Yukon border destroyed and a trail of rain fell.

Crews are now working to keep flames away from the Alaska Highway.

It was hoped that it would be cooler, shower rooms could provide a weekend getaway for firefighters in the county until Environment Canada said that if there is rain, it is probably too spotty to make a difference.

The BC Wildfire Service says that nearly 600 wildfires are burning.


August 24, 2018 / 6:22 pm | Story:
234759

When thousands of fans pack Vancouver's Rogers Arena this weekend, it will not be a hockey player or a musical superstar screaming to see.

Instead, the deafening crowd encourages professional video gamers as they fight for the more than US $ 25 million they can grab in what is described as the esports Super Bowl.

This week marks the first time the International Dota 2 Championships are held in Canada, and fans and organizers say the success of the tournament shows that esports has exploded from a niche hobby into a thriving industry.

Approximately 15,000 tickets to the Saturday finals were almost sold out, and at least 10 million others are expected to stream the action live online, said Erik Johnson of Valve, the company that created "Dota 2" – an online battle arena for multiple players – and the tournament.

"It will be a full house, it will be loud," he said. "Everyone in the audience plays this game, they all have their favorite teams, but they are also happy for the game and just want to see a great game."

It is the eighth year that Valve has set up the tournament and every year the competition becomes more difficult and the prize pool is growing, according to Johnson. The profits come from in-game purchases and this year's wallet – including more than US $ 11 million for the first team – is the largest in the history of the esports, he added.

For gamers, an incredible amount of focus is required to reach the big stage, Johnson said.

"It is their job," he said. "They do not play games for fun in their basement, they are all super competitive people who have the competitive drive that most high-end athletes have and their outlet for that is our game."

In "Dota 2" a player controls one of 10 characters, split into two teams of five. A team wins by destroying a large building in the base of the opponent. There are dozens of unique characters available to play in the game, each with its own strengths in the battle.

Winners of last year, Team Liquid, have spent months preparing for the championships, said the co-CEO of the team, Victor Goossens. They even formed a partnership with technology giant SAP to develop software that uses analysis to improve their training and in-game performance.

The players and coach of the team – who come from Germany, Bulgaria, Finland, Jordan, Lebanon and South Korea – were on their way for weeks and flew to the Netherlands for three and a half weeks of intensive training, then to Vancouver 10 days before the game started .

"You can not do this if it is not the only focus and priority of your life. And the level of dedication that you have to play at this level is very intense," Goossens said.

A man accused last year of killing two married seniors in their home in Vancouver was initially accused of second degree murder, but Crown Attorneys declared Thursday that the charge has been upgraded to first-line murder.

Accused murderer Rocky Rambo Wei Nam Kam, 25, was silent during an appearance of the court Tuesday.

The couple, 68-year-old Richard Jones and 65-year-old Dianna Mah-Jones were found dead in September 2017 at their estate Marpole.

-with files from CTV Vancouver


August 23, 2018 / 5:26 hours | Story:
234,747

Kevin Yake remembers the overwhelming relief of saving the life of a young man who had made an overdose of fentanyl-laced heroin and he is grateful that he knew what to do.

"I'm thinking a lot about that," he said Thursday when he saw the man sitting at a table at an overdose prevention site in the office of the Vancouver Area Network of Drug Users in the early 20s.

"He was pretty gray and blue pretty fast, so I screamed," OD, OD, OD! "" said Yake, who injected two doses of the overdose-reversing drug naloxone into the muscular part of the man's right arm.

Yake, who was a board member of the group he now leads, said he had received training to use naloxone approximately 7 months prior to that nerve-racking incident when fentanyl became a culprit in a growing number of deaths from overdose.

Yake said the overdose crisis means anyone who knows that an illegal drug user also knows how naloxone should be used.

The Department of Mental Health and Addictions says that 114,170 kits have been distributed since 2012 through pharmacies, public health departments and civil society organizations working with drug users.

"I kept thinking:" What if we did not have it? "" Yake said. & # 39; And only the feeling that someone's life was in my hands. & # 39;

Almost 62,000 kits were handed out last year alone, when 1,450 people in the B.C. fatal overdose on opioids, such as heroin, fentanyl and oxycodone.

The Integrated Homicide Investigation Team investigates after a body was found at the Boston Bar on Tuesday night.

RCMP was called a "suspicious event" just north of the community, at the Trans-Canada Highway, at about 7:45 PM, and found a body on the spot.

Few other details were provided, but the police said that one person was arrested on the spot and taken into pre-trial detention.

It was believed that the incident that led to the deceased person was not an arbitrary act, RCMP added.

IHIT cooperates with Hope RCMP and the Chilliwack RCMP serious crime unit in the study.

Anyone with information is advised to contact IHIT or to call Crime Stoppers.

More BC News


Source link

Leave a Reply