The event was presented on Saturday morning in the rural area of the municipality of South Bolivar. Apparently a candle was the cause of the fire.
In the early hours of this Saturday Five minors died in a fire in a house in the rural area of Tierralta (Córdoba). The hypothesis is that the fact was caused by a candle that left the mother of the five brothers in the house.
The mayor of the municipality of Bolívar in the south, Fabio Otero, confirmed that the fire died in the fire a baby of 8 months and four children of 3, 7 and 9 years old. The children were alone at home when the conflagration began.
(You may also be interested: Authorities evaluate possible reopening of the Bogotá-Choachí motorway)
According to the newspaper El Universal, a number of residents of the Corregimiento del Crucito, the mother of the children, went for a walk around the town square while their children slept. The authorities could do little because of the difficult access to the fire zone, because it is located in the foothills of the Nudo del Paramillo.
At the moment we are working on removing the bodies of the children from the house to be moved to the headquarters of legal medicine in Tierralta. The army in turn provides cooperation through boats, because the only way to get in is via the Sinú River.
(On other matters: they dismantled a group of women in Cali who stole with bionic bags)
Mayor Otero declared mourning in the congregation for three days and argued that will provide psychosocial help to the family of the minors. He also added that she will attend the people who have been injured during the attempt to save the children.