what the government proposes



The Ministry of Labor has proposed support for up to 10 days of paid leave, which will be taken between January 1 and 20, provided two criteria are met.

In the same way that the French have accumulated savings during periods of incarceration, workers on short-term employment have accumulated paid leave.

A thorny subject for companies, especially restaurateurs, who fear that their employees will take too much leave when they resume. Which could lead to the most vulnerable companies.

After intensive negotiations between the social partners, the government is about to present its proposals.

“To provide support to professionals experiencing difficulties dealing with paid time off accrued during a period of partial activity, the government has maintained a one-off and non-renewable economic support targeting hard-hit sectors, with closures on a a large part of the year 2020 ‘, says a government press release.

The Department of Labor has proposed a payment of 10 days of paid leave, which will be taken between January 1 and January 20. An announcement formalized by Alain Griset, Minister-Delegate responsible for SMEs, who was invited by the Grand Journal de l’Eco on Wednesday.

Possible postponement of the 5th week of paid leave

To benefit from this support, businesses must meet one of the following eligibility criteria: First, they must have been administratively closed for 140 days during detention (this is the case for restaurants, bars, nightclubs, sports halls).

Or to have registered a 90% decrease in its turnover during periods of health emergencies. This is the case with hotels “that are not closed administratively, but have had to close due to a lack of customers during travel restrictions,” the government explains.

The measure also covers the sectors most affected by administrative closures and the consequences of the crisis such as events, discotheques or sports halls, provided they also fall within these criteria.

The cabinet intends to apply the same system as for the sub-activity. The employees concerned are paid 100%, 84% is paid by the state and the remaining 16% by the employer (an obligation).

This support is limited to 10 days of paid leave and will be paid in January 2021 “on the basis of days imposed for the year 2019-2020 (typically five) and days taken in advance with the employee’s consent for the year 2020-2021” , the ministry specifies.

Relief

Finally, employers must now inform their employees because there is a one month notice period. And if it concerns the pre-taken CP, the consent of the employee is required.

The Minister of Labor, Employment and Integration also discussed with professionals the postponement of the fifth week of paid leave as a solution that companies can implement, either through the application of an industry contract or through a company agreement.

“We have heard concerns from certain hospitality industry professionals. With this support, workers can exercise their right to paid time off in accordance with the labor law and pay for businesses in the sectors most affected by the crisis. paid leave without bearing the burden. As since the first day of the crisis, our mobilization to help businesses overcome the crisis is total “ Elisabeth Borne, Minister of Labor, Employment and Integration.

“We are generally happy with the number of days taken care of, but we would have liked the aid to be paid from a 70% loss of sales,” said AFP Hervé Becam, Vice Chairman of the Union of Hospitality Trades and Industries (Umih ). “We now need a reopening date,” he added.

In a joint statement, the various professional organizations (GNC, Umih, GNI, SNRTC and Snarr) congratulate themselves on seeing their concerns “understood by the government”.

They defended the state’s assumption of 15 days of paid leave – thus reduced to 10 at the end of the negotiation – and the “ need to benefit all businesses affected by the health crisis and not just the businesses closed administratively “.

Olivier Chicheportiche BFM Business Journalist


Source link