A 28-year-old man who was shot dead in Marseille on Thursday afternoon died of his injuries, police said. Around 14.00 hours this man, known to the police because he was associated with narco-banditry, was seriously injured by bullets. "The process of settling an account related to drug trafficking is preferable," AFP told the prosecutor Xavier Tarabeux.
The young man had already been convicted of drug trafficking and was also involved in such a case. He was the target when he just parked his car and crossed a street in a neighborhood near the Saint-Charles train station. Three blasts were heard by witnesses, the prosecutor said. He died shortly thereafter in the hospital, said the police source who confirmed the daily information Provence.
Multiple similar cases
The judicial police are responsible for the investigation. Since the beginning of the year, 15 people have died in the Marseilles region in settling accounts related to these trades, as much as the whole of 2017, according to the prefecture, against 29 in 2016.
In the night of 13 to 14 August, a 27-year-old man, known to the police, was killed and another was injured in the legs, during a shooting in Aubagne, in the Bouches-du-Rhône. In this case, the statement of account settlement against the background of drug trafficking has not been confirmed at this stage either.