The animal did not survive the shock. The Parisian this Thursday reported an incident for the less unusual Wednesday in Seine-et-Marne. Landing on an electric pole, a stork caused a short circuit, deprived of electricity almost 2,000 households spread over eight municipalities. The manager, whose agents could intervene remotely, explains that "these maneuvers have led to the rapid restoration of power for most customers."
In total almost 1700 households are submerged in the dark. The municipalities of Misy-sur-Yonne and Marolles-sur-Seine were the most affected, with 500 and 700 households respectively. Quote from the newspaper Pierre-Emmanuel Lavaux, deputy mayor of Barbey, a small town with 170 inhabitants and 80 houses, was hit, said he "was afraid of a long problem solving, but ERDF agents have worked well and the intervention was pretty fast. "
The stork is dead on the spot
The elected official said that "the drinking water supply pump also temporarily stopped working but had no consequences, because the water tower was well filled". From a material point of view, he finds "very little damage, the aisle was just burning around the post". Despite the first remote intervention, electricians still needed to repair the damage. And pay attention to the death of the wader.
The incident happened shortly after 10 pm and the technicians completed their work around 1 am. Also cited by the newspaper, the Ile-de-France Bird Protection League (LPO) explains: "It is not customary, but it is not uncommon to see storks in our region at this time. marital migration and regrets that "large-scale birds are sometimes the victims of such accidents".