Approximately 90 people, including 33 children, were poisoned without gravity, apparently by polluted water, today at a campsite in Balazuc, near Vallon-Pont-d'Ar, in the south of France. Ardèche, AFP learned from firefighters.
»READ ALSO – Gard: two sued in the investigation into an illegal campsite flooded
Two teenagers aged 10 and 16 years old, with "signs of dehydration", were "taken out of precaution" to the Aubenas hospital, the firefighters said and confirmed information from the Le Dauphine newspaper. "Seven or eight" other campers went to the hospital alone.
Around 11 AM, firefighters intervened at the Beaume Giraud campsite for about thirty vacationers who suffered from vomiting, diarrhea, fever or fatigue. Eventually they identified 81 people who suffered.
According to the first elements of the research, the quality of the water may be at stake. Samples for analysis were made by the Regional Health Agency (ARS). The results will only be known on Monday, according to the same source