An alleged jihadist who has been released from prison after a mistake of justice



An alleged jihadist, who was in pre-trial detention before his trial in November, was released from prison in April after an error by the cabinet of an investigating judge, the Ministry of Justice said Wednesday and confirmed information from the Duck chained. This presumed jihadist, Oualid B., must be tried in Paris together with Reda Bekhaled and his brothers, suspected of being involved in a planned attack in 2014 in the metropolis of Lyon and in a channel of hunters in Syria.

The judge forgot to extend his pre-trial detention. Oualid B., since August 2016 in prison according to the satirical weekly, has been released on April 3, with the cabinet of an investigating judge having renewed his seal in pre-trial detention. He has since been in freedom, but under "very strict judicial control", according to the Ministry of Justice. The case has "a very large impact internally", recognizes a source close to the file. An inspection commissioned by the Minister of Justice Nicole Belloubet "is on the way" to "understand how an action with potentially serious consequences, given the heavy profile of the person concerned, may have occurred," says the chancellery.

According to the Duck chainedthe investigating judge was summoned by his superiors, who asked him to accept a transfer without success. In doubt, the presidency of the court in Paris did not want to comment. The magistrate has not yet been punished, according to a source close to the case. Internally, several sources confirmed to Europe 1 that the debate had been heated behind the scenes, from the presidency of the republic to that of the court.

A mobile phone with images of armed jihadists. In May, Oualid B. was arrested again because he was outside the authorized area as part of his judicial review. According to the Duck chainedhe drove without a license and his mobile phone contains images of armed jihadists and a propaganda film from the Islamic State Organization. Calculated in immediate appearance in Meaux, Seine-et-Marne, Oualid B. was released from court, while the prosecutor demanded ten months' imprisonment. The Prosecution has lodged an appeal and Oualid B. has to be tried on 13 September in Paris on appeal for these facts.

15 people are accused in this anti-terrorist case. A total of 15 people are accused in these anti-terrorism cases, including a minor at the time of the events. They will be judged by the court of assizes of the minors from 12 to 30 November. Eight of those who left for Iraqi-Syrian territory, including three of the Bekhaled brothers, are under arrest.

"If there is an attack plan, the goal has never been clarified," says a lawyer. "It was a time mentioned that it is an annual meeting in Lyon Crif (representative of the Council of Jewish institutions in France, ed.), But nothing has ever come to support this suspicion," he added.


Source link

Leave a Reply