Approximately 90 people, including 33 children, were poisoned without gravity, apparently by polluted water, Friday at a campsite in Balazuc, near Vallon-Pont-d'Ar, in the southern Ardèche, we learned from firefighters.
Two teenagers aged 10 and 16 years old, with "signs of dehydration", were "taken out of precaution" to the Aubenas hospital center, the firefighters said and confirmed daily information The Dauphiné released. "Seven or eight" other campers went to the hospital alone.
Vomiting, diarrhea, fever
Around 11.00 hours firefighters intervened at the Beaume Giraud campsite for about thirty holidaymakers who suffered from vomiting, diarrhea, fever or fatigue. Eventually they identified 81 people who suffered.
According to the first elements of the research, the quality of the water may be at stake.
Samples for analysis were made by the Regional Health Agency (ARS). The results will only be known on Monday, according to the same source.