The two former Turkish army officers who had applied for asylum in Greece after the failed coup in Turkey are in a secret place.
This is what ELAS spokesperson Theodoros Chronopoulos said, while the Anadolu agency broadcasts following the British Times report that two out of eight Turks have been missing.
Last week, the 18 months of their detention ended, and according to the Turkish office, referring to Mr Chronopoulos, Turkish officers who fear their lives have asked the Greek authorities to move to a secret location until asylum applications have been processed. The spokesperson for ELAS said that the procedure for dealing with asylum applications continues as normal.
The Turkish office refers to the British newspaper and statements by lawyer Stavroula Tomaras, who pointed out that she had no contact with the two men since August 20, when their detention order expired and possibly returned to Turkey in exchange for prisoners.
For their part, the lawyers of the eight Turkish officers have stated unequivocally that no one has disappeared.