The Aviation Cultural Center (LKK) again painted over Malév & # 39; s first Tupoljev Tu-154 aircraft, which arrived from Sarajevo to Budapest 45 years ago.
According to the announcement of LKK MTI, the HA-LCA was registered as Tu-154 in 1991 converted into freight and then withdrawn from the market in 1993. Then he was involved in various ground courses and exercises and then left behind. For years it stood on the edge of the technical front of the international airport Ferenc Liszt, the LKK acquired it in 2014 and at the Lufthansa Technik hangar the mantel of Malévos was dyed 45 years ago.
The exterior renovation was started with the cleaning and grinding of the 48 m long trunk, wings and guide surfaces, and then a surface of 1400 square meters had to be blown and rolled. More than 220 liters of gray and white paint were used. After the external renovation of the aircraft, the previously removed engines are reinstalled and the original instruments and seats are returned to the cockpit and to the passenger compartment.
This type, the 154, was Tupolev's first aircraft, specially designed for civilian purposes. The first start of the type was 50 years ago, on 3 October 1968, and the series production started two years later. The Hungarian airline was one of the first operators before Aeroflot and the Bulgarian Balkans expanded its fleet with the Tu-154s. Over the years, Malév had a total of 18 Tu-154 & # 39; s, the aircraft was permanently withdrawn from the Malév fleet after 28 years of operation in 2001.