The company sells 16.95 million Switch consoles in the fiscal year for a total of 34.74 million units
Nintendo unveiled on Thursday the year-end report for the fiscal year that ended on March 31. The company saw net sales of 1,205 trillion yen (about US $ 10.7 billion), an increase of 13.7% over last year. The company saw an operating profit of 249.7 billion yen (about US $ 2,232 billion, an increase of 40.6% compared to last year), and an ordinary profit of 277.3 billion yen (around US $ 2,479 billion, a an increase of 39.1% compared to last year). The company stated it earned a profit of 194.0 billion yen (approximately US $ 1.734 billion).
Nintendo sold 16.95 million Nintendo Switch between consoles in the fiscal year (an increase of 12.7% compared to last year) and 118.55 million Nintendo Software units change (an increase of 86.7% compared to last year). The company sold 2.55 million Nintendo 3DS consoles (a decrease of 60.2%) and 13.22 million Nintendo 3DS software units (a decrease of 62.9%).
Nintendo has sold a total of 5.95 million combined units of its NES Classic Edition and Super NES Classic Edition.
Nintendo also revealed that it has sold a total of 34.74 million Nintendo Switch unity around the world from March 31 and 75.08 million Nintendo 3DS units. The company also revealed lifelong sales data for its top sellers Nintendo Switch (including downloadable versions):
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe: 16.69 million copies
- Super Mario Odyssey: 14.44 million copies
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate: 13.81 million copies
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild: 12.77 million copies
- Pokémon: Let & # 39; s Go, Pikachu! / Pokémon: Let & # 39; s Go, Eevee!: 10.63 million copies
- Splatoon 2: 8.70 million copies
- Super Mario party: 6.40 million copies
- New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe: 3.31 million copies
- 1-2 switch: 2.97 million copies
- Mario Tennis Aces: 2.64 million copies
- Kirby Star Allies: 2.56 million copies
- Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze: 2.25 million copies
- Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker: 1.18 million copies
- Octopre Traveler: 1.17 million copies
- Yoshi & # 39; s Crafted World: 1.11 million copies
- Nintendo Lab Toy Con 01: Variety Kit: 1.09 million copies
Nintendo predicts that it will see net sales of 1.25 trillion yen in the fiscal year ending March 31, 2020. The company expects to achieve an operating profit of 260 billion yen, and an ordinary profit of 260 billion yen. The company expects to sell 18 million Switch units and 125 million Switch software units.
Reuters technology reporter Sam Nussey determined on Twitter that Thursday Nintendo CEO Shuntaro Furukawa stated in the briefing that the company has no plans to announce new hardware during the E3 industry in June. The Bloomberg financial news website reported Wednesday that the sources mentioned Nintendo will launch a "cheaper" version of the switch by the end of June, with a "modest upgrade" planned for the console.
Sam Nussey news via Gematsu
Sources: Nintendo (link 2, link 3, link 4)