Newcastle boss Rafael Benitez supports Chelsea to set up a serious title challenge Football news



Last modification: 24/08/18 23:47

Newcastle United manager Rafael Benitez believes Chelsea has a serious chance of winning the title

Newcastle United manager Rafael Benitez believes Chelsea has a serious chance of winning the title

The leader of Newcastle, Rafael Benitez, supports his former club Chelsea to participate in a three-way battle for this season's Premier League-crown.

The Spaniard, who came through half a year at Stamford Bridge, achieved Europa League success and finished third, is convinced that the Blues will again be champion under the new head coach Maurizio Sarri.

Benitez & # 39; s Newcastle welcomes Chelsea to St James & # 39; Park on Sundays, to live on Sky Sports, and when asked if they could win the competition this year, he said: "I think so.

"Maybe there are three teams at the moment that could tell you that they are a bit ahead of the others, for me – Chelsea, Liverpool and Manchester City – because of the level, last year's performance and the money they spent.

Newcastle vs Chelsea

August 26, 2018, 3.30 pm

Live on

"Then, Manchester United, Tottenham and Arsenal, they have to go back to things they did well, they have quality in the team and they can certainly compete.

"But if you have to choose three, I choose them, they have enough quality to do good."

Benitez is aware of Sarri's qualities after he has seen the Italian accompany him on the hot chair of Napoli and led the club to three successive top three finishes.

Maurizio Sarri is supported to lead a serious Chelsea challenge for the title of the Premier League

Maurizio Sarri is supported to lead a serious Chelsea challenge for the title of the Premier League

He said: "We did what we had to do, he did well, played soccer and they had a very good group of players.

"We were an attacking team in Italy who played well, and he received this group and he continued to work with them and did well."

01:27
After Antonio Conte reportedly forbade Chelsea players to eat ketchup, is it on the menu again under the new boss Maurizio Sarri?

After Antonio Conte reportedly forbade Chelsea players to eat ketchup, is it on the menu again under the new boss Maurizio Sarri?

Newcastle pulled down the curtain last season with a nice 3-0 victory over Chelsea at Tyneside to secure a 10th placed finish on their return to the top flight.

Benitez knows how much trouble it took and a disappointing summer transfer window has prepared him for a new survival battle.

He said: "We finished 10th but could have finished as 15th or 17. It was only one game, that's it.

"When we think in the city and at the club that we have finished 10th and that's it, we are … No, we ended as 10th because everything was really good, we can not lose our focus."

Play Super 6

Jeff gave away £ 1 million last Saturday! Enter your predictions here for free.


Source link

Leave a Reply