Regarding the status of national disasters for the earthquake in NTB, Jokowi said



JAKARTA, KOMPAS.com – President Joko Widodo said he was preparing a Presidential Instruction (Inpres) on dealing with the consequences of the earthquake disaster in Lombok, West Nusa Tenggara (NTB).

"This was just prepared by the Inpres," said Jokowi when he was met at Merdeka Palace, Jakarta, Monday (08/20/2018).

Regarding the encouragement of a number of parties, so that the earthquake in NTB was established as a national disaster, said President Jokowi, the most important was not such a status, but the speed of action.

"In my opinion, the most important thing is not thought of or determined." The most important is the direct contact in the field that provides total support to the entire central government, both to the provincial government, the district government, and of course the most important thing for the community. Said Jokowi.

Also read: DPR leaders urge the president to set up NTB earthquakes as a national disaster

After the earthquake in Lombok that has occurred in recent days, the president has assured him that he continued to monitor the situation.

"I follow it anyway, every minute I follow it, last night I got information from it, maybe I do not know when, I want to set the time again (go) to Lombok," Jokowi said.

President Jokowi was previously urged to determine the earthquake disaster in Lombok as a national disaster.

Also read: volunteer Jokowi requests the NTB earthquake to become a national disaster

In this way, the budget and the aid can be channeled faster.

"Wait, let alone, Mr Jokowi, immediately explain the earthquake in NTB as a national disaster"said vice-chairman of the house Fadli Sun on his Twitter account, @fadlizon.

The deputy chairman of the Gerindra party warned that the government would not regret it in dealing with the earthquake that continued to shake Lombok and killed more than 400 people.

Deputy Chairman of the House Fahri Hamzah has also conveyed the same. Through his Twitter account @fahrihamzah, the elected representatives of the NTB constituency asked Jokowi to act as head of state.

Also read: BNPB: 10 people die Sunday morning from the earthquake in Lombok

Because aftershocks continue to shake Lombok until the night of Sunday (08/19/2018).

"Mr. @jokowi, led the country to decide how to help the people of NTB. #LombokSumbawaBerduka then determines each status that is important, there is a lot of help"said Fahri.

"Almost 1000 times the earthquake and hundreds of thousands of refugees missing? I begged from Arofah"added Fahri, who supervised the pilgrimage with Fadli.

The head of the Information and Public Relations Center of the National Disaster Management Agency (BNPB) Sutopo Purwo Nugroho said earlier that the settlement of the earthquake in Lombok took place at national level.

The treatment was carried out, although it was not established as a national disaster.

"Thousands of employees have been deployed, mainly people from the center, TNI, Polri, Basarnas, BNPB, relevant ministries and institutions," said Sutopo when he contacted Kompas.com, Monday (08/13/2018).

Sutopo explained that what distinguishes national calamity is only the one who holds the order, whether it is the local or central government.

If the local government still exists or functions, disaster management is the responsibility of the regional government as an authority in the area.

However, he has not excluded the status of the earthquake in Lombok turned into a national disaster.

He stressed that according to the applicable regulations, the determination of the status of national disasters is the authority of the president.

Compass TV Head of the Earthquake and Tsunami Center BMKG Rahmat Triyono said that aftershocks still had the potential to act in Lombok, NTB.


Source link

Leave a Reply