Donegal County Council responds to concerns about alleged delays in domestic fire



Donegal County Council has relocated to remove concerns that Sinn Féin councilor John Sheamais Ó Fearraigh had in connection with an alleged delay by firefighters to respond to a house fire that took place in Falcarragh on Monday.
The Cathao girl from the Glenties community, Cllr John Sheamais Fearraigh said that he had been told that firefighters had lasted longer than expected to respond to the fire in Falcarragh.
He said he demanded answers from both the Donegal County Council and the County Fire Service in connection with events that took place on Monday.
The councilor from Brinalack said that a fire brigade crew from Gaoth Dobhair had been present.
Responding to a Donegal Democrat question in connection with the incident, the County Council of Donegal made the following statement: "With regard to a number of questions relating to a fire in Falcarragh on 20 August 2018, the Council wishes to position as follows.
"From time to time, and for operational reasons related to various issues, including the availability of an appropriate number of staff members to answer safe and adequate supervision and incident response, the fire brigade is faced with responding to all or certain incidents.
"In all such cases contingency plans are prepared in advance and this provides for the response of adjacent brigades, as was the case for the recent incident in which the Falcarragh brigade was put out of service for operational reasons and agreements had been made in place for the Gweedore. brigade to respond to an incident. "
Cllr. Ó & # 39; Fearraigh said he would like to discuss the matter with everyone involved.


Source link

Donegal County Council responds to concerns about alleged delays in domestic fire



Donegal County Council has relocated to remove concerns that Sinn Féin councilor John Sheamais Ó Fearraigh had in connection with an alleged delay by firefighters to respond to a house fire that took place in Falcarragh on Monday.
The Cathao girl from the Glenties community, Cllr John Sheamais Fearraigh said that he had been told that firefighters had lasted longer than expected to respond to the fire in Falcarragh.
He said he demanded answers from both the Donegal County Council and the County Fire Service in connection with events that took place on Monday.
The councilor from Brinalack said that a fire brigade crew from Gaoth Dobhair had been present.
Responding to a Donegal Democrat question in connection with the incident, the County Council of Donegal made the following statement: "With regard to a number of questions relating to a fire in Falcarragh on 20 August 2018, the Council wishes to position as follows.
"From time to time, and for operational reasons related to various issues, including the availability of an appropriate number of staff members to answer safe and adequate supervision and incident response, the fire brigade is faced with responding to all or certain incidents.
"In all such cases contingency plans are prepared in advance and this provides for the response of adjacent brigades, as was the case for the recent incident in which the Falcarragh brigade was put out of service for operational reasons and agreements had been made in place for the Gweedore. brigade to respond to an incident. "
Cllr. Ó & # 39; Fearraigh said he would like to discuss the matter with everyone involved.


Source link

Leave a Reply