The death of a poisoned tourist with a cat in Morocco



A British tourist died of "rabies" after being hit by a cat during a visit to Morocco.

In response to the news, the British Public Health Authority noted that "tourists should avoid contact with animals in countries where rabies occurs."

The agency added that "rabies" is not widespread in the United Kingdom, not between native and wild animals, while it was confirmed that five Britons suffered from the disease between 2000 and 2017, while outside the UK.

In a related context, the World Health Organization has previously announced that the disease occurs "rabies" in 150 countries around the world, resulting in thousands of deaths, especially in the countries of Africa and Asia.

The UN agency said that 99% of infections are caused by direct contact with dogs, causing the virus to be transmitted to humans.

The rabies virus attacks when it enters the body, the human brain and its nervous system, while the virus is transmitted as a result of the victim being exposed to a bite or wound from the claws or nails of the animal.

source: BBC


Source link