Mixing honey with water and drinking it in the morning on an empty stomach can help you lose weight and get rid of the rumen, so why? What are the conditions that must be met for this method to bear fruit and the body to lose the extra pounds?
The secret is in water, as many studies have shown that more drinking water can increase a person’s metabolism and make them feel full, which aids weight loss.
It also helps keep the body hydrated and protects it from dehydration to maintain a healthy weight. In contrast, people who are dehydrated are more likely to be overweight or obese than people who are adequately hydrated.
Drinking honey water before meals can also help you feel full. This leads to a decrease in the amount of food a person eats at the next meal, and thus the total number of calories.
Replacing water, lemon, and honey with high-calorie, sugary sodas and other sweetened drinks can lower your calories and sugar.
For example, a cup of sugar-sweetened soda (250 milliliters) contains about 96 calories and about 25 grams of sugar.
In contrast, the same amount of sweetened water with a teaspoon of honey contains about 21 calories and about 6 grams of sugar.
According to a report in Deutsche Welle, some studies indicated that eating honey, even in a small amount, provides a feeling of satiety. Therefore, doctors recommend dissolving a spoonful of honey in water and drinking it daily for those looking to lose weight, as honey controls the areas of the brain that stimulate the sense of sugar cravings, according to what Deutsche Welle quoted from a health website. and food items.
An energy replacement drink
The Deutsche Welle report says the market offers many beverages it calls “energy drinks”; But it is actually not without harmful substances. One of the best energy drinks is honey. Honey diluted with water contains many beneficial nutrients and consuming it in the morning will give the body energy throughout the day.
It is recommended to drink honey diluted with water in the morning before breakfast as a source of energy and water.
But we caution you against the following to take advantage of sweetened water with honey for weight loss:
- You should not go overboard with honey, it is enough to put a teaspoon of honey in the cup once.
- Cut calories from other foods.
- Brush your teeth; Because honey is rich in sugar, which is a major cause of tooth decay.
Honey consists mainly of carbohydrates in the form of fructose and glucose, with many vitamins and minerals.
One gram of honey contains 3 calories and a tablespoon (15 milliliters) contains 64 calories.
There are chemicals in honey that can kill some types of bacteria and fungi, and when honey is applied to the skin, it acts as a layer to insulate moisture. Honey can also provide nutrients that can speed wound healing.
On the other hand, honey may contain spores of “clostridium botulinum” (clostridium botulinum), which cause food poisoning in infants, and therefore it is prohibited to be consumed by children under one year of age.
Possible applications and benefits:
- It is rich in sugars and therefore a good source of energy during heavy physical activities or sports.
- According to scientific studies, preparations made from honey can help heal burns and wounds.
- Eating a small amount of honey before bed can help treat coughs in children over two years old.
- It may help reduce the risk of “mucositis” due to radiation therapy in patients undergoing this treatment.
Its use in previous cases should not be a substitute for medical treatment and should be under the supervision of a physician.
When used as a dressing for wounds or burns, use “medical grade honey” which has been sterilized with radiation to ensure that it is free of Clostridium spores.
- It is contraindicated in children less than 1 year old. Because honey can contain clostridial spores, which can lead to food poisoning. After the age of one year, digestion has developed enough that it can destroy bacterial spores.
- It raises blood sugar and should be taken with caution by diabetics and deducted from the diet’s carbohydrate ration (one tablespoon of honey equals one serving of carbohydrates).
- Honey is very rich in sugars; Hence, it leads to tooth decay and care should be taken to brush the teeth with the paste after eating.
Source : Al Jazeera + Deutsche Welle + websites