Treating herbs with tea and infusions is the most natural way to improve the health that can solve many of the serious health problems. Despite the fact that many medicinal plants can be found in blooming summer fields and meadows, it is worth noting that preparations made from them or that boil tea can not only be treated – almost every herbal preparation works intensively and has side effects.
"Homeopathic medicines have a much lower concentration of biologically active substances than plants, are considerably milder and safer for sensitive consumer groups: children, pregnant women, older people, elderly people, and should only be used at very low doses and for For a long time, herbal medicines contain more and more active ingredients, they work faster and more efficiently, but have side effects ", says Edita Stankevičiūtė, pharmacist at Amber Pharmacy.
According to the expert, the biggest problem is that we often buy herbal preparations and / / We take them to think that they are based on herbs, do not cause any adverse effects or reactions to chemical reactions. We do not know which diseases are best treated with herbal medicines and what are the homeopathic remedies.
"Herbal preparations in pharmacies are indeed more popular – they are very effective in the treatment of disorders of the nervous system, respiratory infections, venous disorders, circulatory disorders in the limbs, urogenital diseases, constipation or diarrhea, cardiovascular diseases, but also useful for people who work intensively for mental work.
Meanwhile, homeopathic remedies are commonly used to treat mild allergic reactions, neuroses, migraines, nervous disorders, behavioral disorders in children, gastrointestinal tract, colds. taking into account the health status of each person, the doctor always chooses the most suitable medication, and the pharmacist can consult their compatibility, "says E. Stankevičiūtė.
The pharmacist adds that herbalists who are interested in home treatment can certainly help. Particularly useful for all occasions of life are chamomile rings.
"I think the most universal herb that everyone should have in a home-made drugstore is the chamomile rings: tea can be cooked externally for infusions, chamomile rings have anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, anti-inflammatory, anti-spasm, anti-optical and viral protective effects, as well as – soothes the nervous system and relieves stress. "Herbal medicines are also very useful, such as bitterness, sage, thyme grass", – shares E. Stankevičiūtė.
The pharmacist warns that every herbal preparation is still a medicine and that it must be taken very seriously. "It is also with herbs – when they are made up, when they cook in tea or in the preparation of infusions, you have to feel good and, above all, look for interactions between them and your medicines," she advises.
Herbs that can not be taken with them The true group of medicines:
- Valerian should not be used in combination with sedatives and antidepressants, because the effects of one and the other can increase unpredictably.
- Ginseng naturally liquefies blood, therefore it is not advisable to use ginseng products with other blood liver medicines, along with heart disease, diabetes mellitus and depression symptoms.
- Preparations with leech must not be used in combination with immunosuppressants. Do not use more than 10 days without interruption. Do not take antimicrobials because it can damage the liver.
- St. John's wort should not be used with antidepressants, contraceptives and antihypertensive agents.
- When using blood pressure lowering agents or thinners [dropion] licorice should be abandoned. Dosage may result in a dangerous decrease in potassium levels in the blood.