Treatment of herbal teas and infusions is the most natural way to improve health that can solve many health problems. Despite the fact that many medicinal plants can be found in the flowering summer fields and meadows, it is worth noting that extracts or boiling tea can not be treated alone – almost every plant extract has a strong effect and has a side effect .
"Homeopathic medicines have a much lower concentration of biologically active substances than plants, are considerably milder and safer for sensitive groups of consumers: children, pregnant women, the elderly, pregnant women and the elderly, elderly people, use them only in very small quantities and For a long time, the herbal remedies contain more and more active substances, they work faster and better, but have side effects, "says pharmacist Edita Stankevičiūtė.
According to the pharmacist, the biggest problem is that we often buy herbal medicines and choose to use them so that they are herbal based, do not cause any adverse effects or interaction with chemical reactions. We do not know which disorders are best treated with herbal remedies, but what are the homeopathic remedies.
"Herbal medicines in the pharmacy are actually better than they are – they help treat nervous system disorders, inflammation of the respiratory system, venous disorders, circulatory disorders in the limbs, urogenital diseases, constipation or diarrhea, heart – and vascular diseases, but also useful for permanent mental work.
Meanwhile, homeopathic remedies are generally used for the treatment of mild allergic diseases, neuroses, migraines, nervous disorders, behavioral disorders in children, gastrointestinal tract, colds. important to note that, taking into account the health status of each person, the physician always chooses the most appropriate medication, and the pharmacist can tell them about their compatibility, "says E. Stankevičiūtė.
A pharmacist adds that herbalists who are interested in treating her own home can undoubtedly be of service. "I think the most universal herb that everyone should have in a homemade drugstore is the chamomile rings: it is possible to boil tea, to use external infusions Chamomile rings have anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial -spasm, anti-optical and viral protective effects, as well as – soothes the nervous system and relieves stress.The herbs are also very good for bitterness, sage and thyme grass, "says E. Stankevičiūtė.
A pharmacist warns that every herbal remedy is still a medicine and that it should be taken very responsibly. "It is also with herbs – when they are assembled, boiled in tea or in the preparation of infusions, you have to feel good and, above all, look for interactions between them and your medicines," says the pharmacist.
Herbs that can not be taken with them The true group of medicines
- Valerian can not be used with tranquillizers and antidepressants, because the effects of one and the other can increase unpredictably.
- Ginseng naturally liquefies blood, therefore it is not advisable to use ginseng preparations with other blood thinners. also medicines – in combination with heart disease, diabetes mellitus and depression-reducing drugs.
- Medicinal herbs with eel should not be used in combination with immunosuppressive medicines. Do not use more than 10 days without interruption. Do not use with antimicrobial drugs as it may damage the liver.
- St. John's Wort must not be used with antidepressants, contraceptives or antihypertensive agents.
- Blood pressure suppressing agents or thinners must be destroyed Licorice – Certain may result in a dangerous decrease in blood potassium levels.