KUALA LUMPUR, August 26 – Minister of Defense Mohamad Sabu instructed his ministry to immediately investigate allegations that three forces still serve the former minister of defense Datuk Seri Hishammuddin Hussein.
He said that action would be taken if they were found to have broken the existing rules.
"I got informed via a news portal that three Malaysian forces (ATM) are still serving as escorts for Datuk Seri Hishammuddin Hussein.
"As such, I have commissioned an immediate investigation and action will be taken if there is a breach of existing practices and regulations," he said today on his official Twitter account.
Mohamad commented on a news portal report that two officers of the Navy special operations force (Pascal) and a command still served as escorts for Hishammuddin, who no longer held the portfolio after the defeat of BN during the 14th general election.
It was also claimed that the three salaries were from ATM and from Hishammuddin.
Meanwhile, Hishammuddin said on his Twitter post that the three ATMs had close ties with him and his family because they had been serving for a long time.
"They are with me for a temporary period," he said.
Hishammuddin said that he had also offered them a job, but they had to resign immediately if they accepted the offer. – Bernama