The new schedule, which will be approved by Moroccan schools from November 12, was officially announced by the Ministry of Education via communiqué, after the Board of Directors on Thursday 1 November.
According to Decree No 2-05-916, setting the days and working hours in public services and local authorities, school hours are determined by decision of the Minister of Education.
These schedules were established after meetings of the ministry with the trade unions, parents' associations and private school owners. They are valid for the winter periodIn other words there will be a return to normal hours, spring. Adjustments can be made on the basis of the specific characteristics of the environment (rural, urban); and it is the national management councils that choose the right student option from the proposed choices.
Notice that the ministry is planning to conduct a study into the time and pace of school education and make adjustments based on the resultsin accordance with the recommendations of the Strategic Vision on the 2015-2030 education reform.
Here is the detail of the school schedule established by the ministry:
> Primary education
– One teacher per class: from 9 am to 1 pm // 3 pm to 5 pm from Monday to Friday. No lessons, Wednesday afternoons and Saturdays.
– Two teachers per class: 9h-11h30 // 13h30-15h30 for the first part; 11:30 am to 1:30 pm // 3:30 pm to 5:30 pm for the second part.
– One teacher per class: continuous hours from 09:00 to 15:00, from Monday to Friday.
– Two teachers per class: continuous schedule 9h-13h30 for the first part; from 13.30 to 18.00 for the second part, from Monday to Saturday.
> Higher and secondary education
– First possibility: 9h-12h // 14h-18h.
– Second possibility: 9h-13h // 15h-18h.