In the second quarter of this year, 40 percent fewer in Norwegian power plants went down than normal, which contributed to a price level of 50 øre per kilowattime. The market estimates that the monthly contracts for the autumn will remain at the same level.
Electricity prices may even be higher unless the rainfall changes in the coming months. In the worst case, households can get a price increase this autumn, which corresponds to an annual cost of 5,000 kroner, according to analyst manager Tor Reier Lilleholt in Wattsight.
– We are very dependent on normal rainfall this autumn. If not, there is a danger that electricity prices will become very high, he says to NTB.
Danger for 2019
– I am also afraid of 2019 because there are often delays in the power supply. The coming autumn must melt and be a source of power for the spring of 2019. It is important that there is a lot of snow, he adds.
After a production level in 2017, that Lilleholt & # 39; comfortable & # 39; mentions, the production level has decreased by 3.5 billion kilowatt hours in the second quarter of this year, compared to last year. However, it had been a reminder to save water by 2017, according to the analyst.
– Manufacturers have to work for the principle of optimization of raw materials, and at the end of 2017 it was correct with such a production level, "said Lilleholt 19659008] Warning against maximization of the crisis
Although the price reduction for 2018 is the highest in For eight years, it is still within normal variations, Lilleholt recalls and points out that the situation is manageable.
– It is also important to remind current customers that the electricity bill consists of a third electricity supply, a third net rent and a third part of the electricity taxes An increase in the electricity price often amounts to a modest increase in the total electricity bill, according to the chief analyst.
Elavgifts alone amounts to 14 billion NOK including VAT and has been in the last ten years increased by 60 percent, according to Energy Norway, they think the tax level is a tax customers.
– It also sends an unfortunate signal against the use of climate-friendly energy. Elav tax must therefore be reversed, says Energy Norway in a press release.