Transport Minister Ketil Solvik-Olsen will cycle on the Birkebeiner ride on Saturday. The iron buoy with four North Sea operators under the belt has been looking for more than a year for the 84 kilometers from Rena to Lillehammer.
With participation in both the Nordsjørittet, Styrkeprøven and Birkebeinerrittet, he has made the bike tour and he can with 21 other own honors after the finish
"I am the minister of cycling, both because cycling is part of the transport plan and because I love cycling, I actually had to cycle Birken last year, but then there was an election campaign", said Ketil Solvik-Olsen, who is looking forward to have fun for the weekend.
Read the whole story about birkebeiner.no: – I am the bicycle minister!
Kondis.no 2017: Birkebeinerrittet with a big jubilee event
Kondis samleside for Birkebeinerrittet
From the rides of last year. (Photo: Birken / Geir Olsen)
- The trail is 86 km long – runs from Rena in Østerdalen and over the mountain to Lillehammer in Gudbrandsdalen
- Anyone who is 17 years old 31.12.18 can participate.
- All participants must carry a bag of at least 3.5 kg. The 3,5 kilo bag, which all Birkebeiners have to carry, symbolizes King Haakon Haakonsønn.
- The idea of Birkebeinerrennet is derived from the historic Birkebeinerferden from the 13th century
- Birkebeinerrittet is part of the Trippelen – Birkebeinerrennet, Birkebeinerløpet and Birkebeinerrittet
- Birken is an ideal organization where the profits in their entirety go back to the sports in the region.
- The events are largely carried out through volunteer work and dedication.
- Every year 4500 volunteers work for their sports team, music village and the like. in addition to 40 central volunteers and the administration of Birken.
- Birken's vision is: challenges and experiences for everyone. In total, Birken has 20 events throughout the year – distances for everyone.
- In 2018 we expect a total of 35,000 Birkebeiners – about 10,000 for Birkebeinerrittene
- An average doctor visits 2-3 days per week and has moderate equipment
- 27 different countries are represented – Sweden is the largest nation
- Eldstemann is this year the rider Steinar Bersvendsen from Kongsberg, 83 years old. Older woman is Liv Astri Løken, 76 years old from Raufoss.
- 42 pieces have completed the Birkebeinerrit ALL times and this year for the 26th time
What is going on
TV2 produces the submission of the magazine at the Birkebeinerrittet
Speed, excitement and popular party are on the program when TV2 produces the Birkebeinerrittet for the first time.
Cyclocross in Birken
For the first time, Birken sets up his own cyclocross class (bikini line) in Birkebeinerrittet. Everyone starts in swimming pool 14 with start time at 09.10 am. You do not compete for the brand or the best time, but it is a prize for the 3 best in the men and women class