The case is being updated.
A new update is in use for iOS. The Vipps app, currently the most widely used electronic payment app in Norway, has a facelift and a touch of updates under the hood.
– The update is currently being rolled out for iOS; 1 percent received the new update Monday – and then it rolled out consecutively, says Hanne Kjærnes, Communications Manager for Vipps, at dinside.no.
The first thing you notice in the new version of Vipps is that it has become considerably more user-friendly. The reason why the app & # 39; new & # 39; has become, because DNB (the largest shareholder) and the other shareholders want a starting point for further product development (and absolutely sure that they are better equipped with Apple Pay and other foreign competitors, magazines).
Elisabeth Barrie from Vipps says that the "new" Vipps should be used in a lot of payment situations over time than usual.
Initially, iOS users can use the new app (but then you MUST upgrade to the latest version of the operating system). The Android version is ready and will be rolled out in a short time. If you are impatient, you can use the beta version of the Android app with exactly the same functionality as the iOS version.
During the year there will also be a "Vipps for children", a separate app that is a simplified version of Vipps. This version applies to people younger than 15 years.
Here are some of the new features in "new" Vipps:
– Easier to edit and edit profile
– Easier to see the difference between a message and a transaction. There should be no doubt about the fact that you have received money.
– Easier for visually impaired people to use Vipps because of better voice-over support.
– Faster in use
– Easier to add new maps
– You can now block and report users