DRAMMEN (VG) Strømsgodset started finding a new head coach after Bjørn Petter Ingebretsen (51) resigned on Wednesday. A few hours after that news, several candidates contacted the club about the course.
Wednesday morning the news came that Bjørn Petter Ingebretsen stepped down as Strømsgodset coach for health reasons.
Daily manager Day Lindseth Andersen received the message Tuesday evening. While the message came, the hunt for a new head coach in Strømsgodset began.
View the Elite series and the OBOS competition directly on Dplay and Eurosport Player
– We started finding a new coach yesterday. That's the first thing you think when you get such a & # 39; n message, Andersen says when VG meets him on Marienlyst Wednesday.
– We do not yet have clear candidates in the block. As the situation is today, nobody is relevant, but nobody is stupid. And we know that when a coaching job is vacant in the Elite series, many people report that they want, he continues.
– Has anyone already registered?
– Yes, he answers.
– More people?
– Yes, it will come immediately. It is the way it works and it would be the same in other clubs. But I think Strømsgodset would be an attractive club to train. Both because of the history, the location and the fact that it is a very nice club, Andersen replies.
The group of players was informed of the departure on Wednesday morning. Captain Jakob Glesnes says it was a heavy message to get. Hear what he said when VG met him here in Marienlyst:
Want a "Man or Man"
– We want to use a trainer who can put on the Godset jacket and can be a Godset man. Not someone who comes in to create a revolution and change the club. For the club Strømsgodset and the brand Strømsgodset there is mountain support in Drammen, and we want someone who can help to develop it further, Andersen says about what they are looking for now.
– What does it mean to be a good man?
– Then you are like the smooth drummer. Down to earth, humble and not too much on the big drum. But still is a tough man who can stand in if he blows a bit, Andersen replies.
"BP" over the estate clip: – Surprised by it. And very disappointed
Assistant coach Håkon Wibe-Lund leads the team on May 16 against Vålerenga. He also led today's training. He says he has failed to think of his chances of taking over Strømsgodset as head coach.
– I have been asked to lead this training and that fight. That is my starting point. Although I knew it, I thought no more about ending that fight. Everything else causes others to worry, he tells VG.
– But do you want the job?
– I have not been able to think about it once, so it is kind of … There I am an assistant trainer for a head coach with whom I enjoyed very well, who became ill, and that means that I have to intervene short notice. I am talking about that, and I do not think further, he answers.
Rekdal not stale
Eurosport expert Joacim Jonsson has launched the former Start coach Kjetil Rekdal as a candidate for the job. It has been available on the market since it was released from the position in Start on 2 April.
– Kjetil is a man we know well from many other contexts. He has often been here as a player, coach and TV expert. People in the club know him, and he knows we are here, Andersen says about Rekdal, adding that he is not old-fashioned.
Listen to what & # 39; BP & # 39; after his last game as Strømsgodset trainer said in the video below. The fight against Viking at Marienlyst ended with 0-0:
View more statistics for the Elite series on VG Live.
Commercial cooperation: discount codes