The first Sunday of every month the entrance of the museums, archaeological sites and historic sites Free.
As it is known, the Congress of the Republic adopted in July 2017 a law that stipulates that all Peruvians may enter the archaeological sites at no cost, museums and historic places administered by the state throughout Peru on the first Sunday of every month.
The provision of free museums It entered into force on July 1, 2017. The restrictions are access to the National Archaeological Park Machu Picchu, as well as access to museums and sites for non-resident foreigners of the country.
On this date, the Museum of Archeology, Anthropology and History of Peru, the largest, oldest and most representative of the country, will be the central headquarters of the program Open museums.
For the children, the Tárbol Cultural Association will present the puppet show "Churi, son of the river", which tells the fascinating story of the son of the yacumama (snake mother of the water) who was born in the depths of the river, but with the passage of time He felt a great curiosity that brought him to the surface on a journey to the meeting of freedom and of himself. The act starts at 2 p.m.
The historic site will also be the scene of a great music show. From 3 pm The Las Calaveras Pintadas group provides a musical show for children.
Finally, the international band Santa Cecilia de Catac will dance to the families to the rhythm of the patronale party.
At the same time visitors can enjoy the temporary exhibition "Moche Sacrifices: Myth or Reality?", Where the latest discoveries of the research into the sacrifices of the Moche in the Huaca de la Luna are presented.
In the exhibition honor is given to Dr. Santiago Uceda, his most remarkable researcher and promoter. The Museum of Archeology, Anthropology and History of Peru also offers a varied program of activities with art and painting workshops, exhibitions, gastronomic markets, book fairs, conferences, among others.
Here we describe the museums of the national public system that provides free access to the population every first Sunday of the month:
1. museum of Sitio Cabeza de Vaca "Gran Chilimasa" (address: Calle El Museo N ° 117, Cabeza de Vaca Sur, Corrales Opening hours: Monday to Saturday from 9 am to 4 am)
2. museum the Sitio de Narihualá (address: Calle Olmos s / n, Catacaos.
Opening hours: Tuesday to Sunday from 8.30 am to 4.30 am. m.)
3. Golden room of the museum Municipal Vicús (address: junction of Sullana Ave. with Huánuco St., Piura Hours: Tuesday to Sunday from 9 am to 5 pm)
4. museum Arqueológico Nacional Brüning (address: Huamachuco Avenue, Lambayeque, opening hours: Monday to Sunday from 9 am to 5.30 am)
5. museum Site Huaca Chotuna – Chornancap (Address: Huaca Chotuna, Bodegones sector, San José Hours: Monday to Sunday from 08:00 to 16:00)
6. museum of Sitio Huaca Rajada – Sipán (address: campiña Huaca Rajada, Saña Hours: Monday to Sunday from 9 am to 5 pm)
7. museum the Sitio Túcume (address: campiña de San Antonio, Túcume, timetable: Monday to Sunday from 8 am to 4.30 pm)
8. museum Nacional Sicán (address: Av Batán Grande cdra 9, Carretera Pítipo, Ferreñafe Hours: Tuesday to Sunday from 9 am to 5 pm)
9. museum Royal Tombs or Sipán (address: Juan Pablo Vizcardo y Guzmán N ° 895, Lambayeque Hours: Tuesday to Sunday from 9 am to 5 pm)
10. museum from Chan Chan Site (Address: Chan Chan Avenue s / n – Huanchaco Highway hours: Tuesday to Sunday from 9 am to 5 pm)
11. museum Archeological and ethnographic of the Belén Monumental Complex (address: Jr. Belén N ° 571, Belén Monumental Complex, Cajamarca Hours: Tuesday to Sunday from 9 am to 8 am)
12. Exhibition hall "Gilberto Tenorio Ruiz" (Address: Jr Ayacucho N ° 904, Chachapoyas Opening hours: Monday to Friday from 08:00 to 17:45)
13. museum Departmental San Martín (address: jr Óscar R. Benavides N ° 380, district Calvario, Moyobamba Opening hours: Monday to Friday from 8 am to 6 am)
14. museum Amazone (address: Malecón Tarapacá N ° 386, Iquitos.
Opening hours: Monday to Saturday from 9:00 am to 5:00 am.)
15. museum Archaeological Museum of Ancash "Augusto Soriano Infante"
(Address: Luzuriaga Avenue No. 762, Huaraz, opening hours: Tuesday to Saturday from 8.30 am to 3.15 pm and Sunday from 9 am to 2 am)
16. museum Archaeological Zonal de Cabana (Address: Plaza de Armas s / n, Cabana Hours: Tuesday to Sunday from 09:00 to 05:00)
17. museum of Anthropology, Archeology and Natural History of Ranrahirca (Address: jr Las Palmeras s / n, Ranrahirca Hours: Tuesday to Sunday from 9 am to 5:30 am)
18. museum National Chavín (Address: Avenida 17, Prolongación Norte s / n, Chavín de Huántar Opening hours: Tuesday to Sunday from 9 am to 5 pm)
19. museum Regional of Casma "Max Uhle" (address: Casma Highway – Huaraz Km 1.5, Casma Hours: Tuesday to Sunday from 9:00 am to 4:30 am)
20. Exhibition hall of the Archaeological Monument of Willkawaín
(Address: Centro Poblado Paria, Independencia Opening hours: Tuesday to Sunday from 8.30 am to 5 pm)
21. Exhibition hall of the monumental archaeological zone of Kotosh (address: Huánuco Highway, km 5, La Unión, timetable: Monday to Sunday from 9 am to 5 pm)
22. museum from the site "El Mirador del Cerro San Cristobal" (address: Cerro San Cristóbal (top), Rímac Hours: Tuesday to Sunday from 9 am to 5 pm)
23. museum Nacional de la Cultura Peruana (address: Alfonso Ugarte Avenue No. 650, Lima Hours: Tuesday to Saturday from 9 am to 5 pm)
24. Casa de la Gastronomía Peruana (address: Jr. Conde de Superunda No. 170, Lima Hours: Tuesday to Sunday from 9 am to 5 pm)
25. museum of Italian art (address: Paseo de la República s / n, Lima Hours: Tuesdays to Sundays from 10 a.m. to 4.30 p.m.)
26. House museum "José Carlos Mariátegui" (address: Washington Avenue No. 1946, Lima Hours: Monday to Friday from 8:30 am to 5:00 am)
27. museum National archeology, anthropology and history of Peru
Address: Plaza Bolívar s / n, Pueblo Libre. (Hours: from Monday to Saturday from 8:45 am to 5:00 pm and on Sunday from 8:45 am to 4:00 am)
28. museum the Sitio Huallamarca (address: Avenida Nicolás de Ribera N ° 201, San Isidro Hours: Tuesday to Sunday from 9 am to 5 pm)
29. museum from Sitio Huaca Pucllana (address: General Borgoño street, block 8, Miraflores, Hours: Monday to Sunday from 09:00 to 05:00 and Wednesday to Sunday from 07:00 to 22:00)
30. museum de la Nación (address: Avenida Javier Prado Este N ° 2465, San Borja Hours: Tuesday to Sunday from 9 am to 5 pm)
31. museum from the site "Arturo Jiménez Borja" – Puruchuco (Address: Javier Prado Prolongation Avenue This block 85 s / n, Ate Vitarte Hours: Tuesday to Sunday from 9:00 am to 4:30 am)
32. museum the Sitio Pachacamac (address: Antigua Carretera Panamericana Sur Km 31.5 hours: Tuesday to Saturday from 9 am to 5 am and on Sunday from 9 am to 4 am)
33. museum Regional of Ica "Adolfo Bermúdez Jenkins" (address: Ayabaca Avenue No. 895 Urb San Isidro, Ica.) Opening hours: Tuesday to Saturday from 8:00 am to 7:00 pm and Sunday from 8:00 am to 6:30 am p.m)
34. Exhibition hall of the archaeological site "Tambo Colorado" (address: via Los Libertadores – Wari Km 39, Humay.) Opening hours: Monday from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm and from Tuesday to Sunday from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm hour)
35. museum from the "Julio C. Tello" site of Paracas (address: Pisco road, km 27, San Martín bridge, Paracas national park, timetable: Tuesday to Sunday from 9 am to 5 pm)
36. museum Archaeological "Samuel Humberto Espinoza Lozano"
(Address: June 24, s / n, Huaytará Hours: Tuesday to Sunday from 8:30 am to 6:00 am)
37. museum Regional "Daniel Hernández Morillo" (address: jr. Antonio Raimondi N ° 193, Huancavelica Hours: Tuesday to Sunday from 8.30 am to 6.00 am)
38. museum from Sitio de Wariwillka (address: archaeological square in the center of Huari, Huancán Opening hours: Monday to Sunday from 9 am to 5.30 pm)
39. museum Regional archeology of Junín (address: Jr. Grau N ° 195, Chupaca hours: Monday to Sunday from 8.30 am to 3.15 pm)
40. museum the Sitio de Quinua (address: Plaza Principal de Quinua N ° 308. Opening hours: Tuesday to Sunday from 9 am to 5 pm)
41. museum the Sitio Wari (address: Ayacucho – Quinua Km 23, Pacaycasa, timetable: Tuesday to Sunday from 9 am to 5 pm)
42. museum Regional history "Hipólito Unanue" (address: Avenida Independencia N ° 502 hours: Tuesday to Sunday from 9 am to 5 pm)
43. museum Archeological, anthropological of Apurímac (Address: Casa Hacienda Illanya, Abancay Hours: Monday to Friday from 9 am to 5 pm)
44. museum Historical region of Cusco (address: Garcilaso junction with Heladeros street, Casa del Inca Garcilaso de la Vega.
Opening hours: Monday to Sunday from 08.00 a.m. At 05.00 m.)
45. museum Amazónico Andino Qhapaq Ñan Quillabamba (address: jr. Timpia intersection with Av 25 de Julio, La Granja, Santa Ana Hours: Monday to Sunday from 9 am to 6 am)
46. museum the Sitio de Chinchero (address: Plaza Principal de Chinchero, timetable: Monday to Sunday from 8 am to 5 pm)
47. museum of the Peoples of Paucartambo (Address: Plaza Kukuli, Paucartambo Opening hours: Tuesday to Sunday from 8.30 am to 5 pm)
48. museum from the site "Manuel Chávez Ballón" (address: old bridge Ruinas km 112 railroad, Machu Picchu Hours: Monday to Sunday from 9 am to 4.30 pm)
49. Pikillaqta exhibition hall (address: Pikillaqta Archaeological Park, Lucre hours: Monday to Sunday from 8 am to 4 pm)
50. museum Lithic or Pukara (address: Jr. Lima s / n, Pucará.
Opening hours: Tuesday to Sunday from 8.30 am to 5.30 am. m.)
51. Temple museum "Our Lady of the Assumption" (Address: Jr. Asunción s / n, July Hours: Tuesday to Sunday from 8.30 am to 5.30 am)
52. Temple museum "San Juan de Letrán" (address: July N ° 352, July Hours: Tuesday to Sunday from 8:30 am to 5:30 am)
53. museum the Sitio Las Peañas (address: Jorge Basadre Grohmann s / n – Pago Peañas, Pocollay Hours: Tuesday to Sunday from 7:45 am to 4:30 am)
54. museum Regional history of Tacna (address: Av Apurímac No. 202. Opening hours: Tuesday to Sunday from 7:45 am to 4:30 am)
Know on this map where each site is located.
Follow us on Twitter as @PeruECpe