By Roy Mabasa
A total of 86 foreign Filipino workers who did not go to work abroad as a result of the Xiamen Air plane accident at the Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA) each received P5,000 as a financial elimination, said the Foreign Affairs Office. on Wednesday.
In a statement, the DFA said that it will also appear until ten o'clock in the evening. today the same amount as other stranded ORs at NAIA Terminals 1, 2 and 3.
However, the Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) claimed that no more OFWs had been stranded at the NAIA terminals from the early Wednesday afternoon.
In a television interview, OWWA administrator Hans Leo Cacdac said that they had just walked around the NAIA and found no more OFW & # 39; s more days after the regular airport operations had resumed.
Flights to the NAIA stopped more than four days from Thursday night, as a result of the Xiamen Air accident.
The incident caused hundreds of local and foreign passengers to stay behind for days on the airport terminals after many of the flights had been diverted, delayed or canceled.
The DFA advised stranded OFW & # 39; s who were eventually able to leave their respective countries of destinations, that they could also provide financial assistance to Philippine embassies and consulates abroad through their passports, original and reissued tickets, certificates of employment and foreign employment certificates.
While watching the Philippines-China basketball game in Jakarta on Tuesday, Secretary of State Alan Peter Cayetano announced that the Office of Migrant Workers Affairs will each offer P5,000 of stranded OFWs, with money that can be drawn from the substantial Assistance To Nationals of the department (ATN) fund.