THE PROJECTED $ 3.7 billion metro in the country's financial district can gain ground by the end of 2018, according to Makati City Administration.
In a Thursday statement, Makati City Mayor Abigail S. Binay said that the Swiss challenge for the urban rail system proposed by a consortium led by IRC Properties, Inc. will end on 24 September.
The IRC-led consortium received the original proponent status for the Makati Mass Transport System, an unsolicited public-private partnership proposal for a 10-kilometer double-track metro system that connects the central business district with other parts of Makati.
IRC said earlier that it cooperates with the international companies Greenland Holdings Group, Jiangsu Provincial Construction Group Co. Ltd., Kwan On Holdings Ltd. and China Harbor Engineering Company Ltd. for the Makati metro project.
In the context of the Swiss challenge, the project of the original defender may be challenged by external companies, who can then match it.
"This mass transport system is the most ambitious PPS project from Makati to date and is part of my vision to make Makati the first digital city in the country – a city that is future-proof, connected and innovative without its cultural heritage and identity. to lose, "Mrs. Binay said.
Mrs. Binay said that the project does not need money from the city council, because Makati will only contribute to the country it now owns for the subway.
The metro is seen as a solution to facilitate traffic in the central business district of Makati by connecting important points in the area, such as Ayala Avenue, Makati City Hall, Poblacion Heritage Site, Makati University and Ospital ng Makati, among others. – D.A.Valdez