Mayor of Cebu is planning to expel LTO-7 from the city's plot



CEBU CITY – Mayor Tomas Osmeña plans to eject the Landtransportsbureau 7 (Central Visayas) from the plot in Cebu City, owned by Natalio Bacalso Ave. here.

The mayor announced this Friday in the midst of his increasing gap with LTO-7 director Victor Caindec, who filed a complaint against Osmeña last Monday for serious abuse of power for the president's office.

Caindec's complaint was enshrined in Executive Order (EO) No. 34 issued by the Mayor last February, authorizing the Cebu City Transportation Office (CCTO) to include vehicles that were running counter to the city's major traffic arteries.

In his complaint, Caindec said that only the LTO has the power to seize vehicles as provided for in Republic Act (RA) no. 4136 or the Land Transportation and Traffic Code.

However, Osmeña said that, despite the complaint, he would continue to execute EO 34 and threatened in reprisal company to expel the LTO-7 from the property owned by the city, which the agency has been occupying for years.

From this writing Caindec could not be reached for comment.

The break between the mayor and the LTO-7 chief began early last month when Osmeña criticized the office for penalizing motorists using non-registered vehicles because "the LTO has not processed their registration".

In response, Caindec said it would be better if the mayor first attended the problems of the city before intervening in the activities of the LTO.

Their dispute escalated when Osmeña and Caindec their word war & # 39; on social media, leading to the retreat of the mayor of traffic enforcement officers on the South National Highway, where the construction of the tunnel project is underway, with severe traffic congestion in the area for consequence. one day. (PNA)


Source link

Leave a Reply