Moro group with the Marcos family: & how can we forget? & # 39;



DAVAO CITY (MindaNews / August 26) – "Look, how can we go further?", Asked the militant group Suara Bangsamoro (Voice of the Moro People) Ilocos Norte Governor Imee Marcos in response to her statement in which the critics of her family were called to "move" on. "

Several Moro victims of Marcos' dictatorship will continue to be denied justice, the group said.

"Imee, how can we go on, our blood boils from the insensitivity of your resignation from your sins Your family owes us for the lives of family members we have long lost Your family owes us for raping our women, "said Jerome Succor Aba, Suara Bangsamoro's national president, in a statement he sent by e-mail on Saturday evening.

Aba said that the Marcos family is grateful to the Moro people for the stolen holiness of our communities & # 39; and for 'demonizing our culture and beliefs & # 39 ;.

"Your family committed genocide against the Bangsamoro," he said.

Aba said his group demanded justice for the victims and called on the Marcos family to recover the wealth that had been stolen from the public treasury.

"Why do not you continue?"

"Why do not you continue?" Governor Marcos, eldest daughter of the late dictator Ferdinand Marcos, Sr., said in a press conference in Cebu City on August 21, the 35th anniversary of the murder of former Senator Benigno "Ninoy" Aquino, Jr.

The murder of Aquino led to more protests against the dictatorship that eventually led to the People Power protests that overthrew the Marcoses and sent them into exile to Hawaii at the end of February 1986.

Marcos' eldest son and namesake, Ferdinand "Bongbong" Marcos, Jr., ran for Vice President in 2016 but lost to Vice President Leni Robredo. Marcos Jr. filed an election protest.

"The millennials have gone further and I think people at my age should go further," said Governor Marcos, who was present at the opening tours of the Visayan Island Cluster Conference of the League of Municipales of the Philippines, where President Duterte, who has repeatedly acknowledged the help of Governor Marcos during the presidential campaign, was guest of honor.

"I am no apologist for my father and I think his work and his projects will have to speak for themselves," Cebu Daily News quoted her.

Call for justice

Aba said the late dictator had committed a genocide against the Bangsamoro, recalling several murders of the Moro people, including Jabidah in 1968, Tacub in Kauswagan, Lanao del Norte and Manili in North Cotabato in 1971, and Malisbong Masjid Massacre, also known as the Palimbang Massacre in 1974.

File photo of the mosque in Manili, Carmen, North Cotabato, where the massacre took place on 19 June 1971. Photo courtesy of IHARYF SUCOL / VN volunteer, 2003

Aba, who comes from Palimbang, said that more than a thousand Moro's were arrested by the army and killed in a mosque. He remembered how he avoided the mosque as a child after his parents told him that they did not have to come near because it was haunting.

He said that families of the victims, especially the women in Palimbang, cried and struggled to rebuild their lives for their children.

"These people, my relatives, deserve to be right The crying and echoing in the Palimbang Mosque will haunt your family for your crimes and conceit," he said.

No difference

President Duterte's declaration of martial law in Mindanao on May 23, 2017, just hours after the first shots were fired between government forces and the Mautan-inspired Maute Group in Marawi City on May 23, 2017, is no different than Marcos's time exploiting, oppressing people and culture and destroying communities, Aba said.

He claimed that the bombings in Marawi led to the deaths of more than a thousand civilians. The Philippines forces recorded the death toll at 62 soldiers and policemen, 47 civilians and at least 800 terrorists from 17 October 2018, when President Duterte declared Marawi City "freed from the terrorist influence".

"From Marcos to Duterte's Martial Law, the Bangsamoro suffered countless human rights violations, military operations and air strikes forcibly forced nearly a million Moros, strings of massacres and massacres, terror tagging of our people and communities," added Aba.

"So when Bongbong (Marcos) asked us what else we needed, we have one clear answer: JUSTICE," said Aba.

He decided to demand the declaration that Imee, Bongbong and their mother Imelda, widow of Marcos and currently a representative of the congress, give back what they stole from the Filipino people. (Antonio L. Colina IV / MindaNews)

Comments

comments


Source link

Leave a Reply