The Malacañang strongly condemned Monday the last bomb attack in Isulan, Sultan Kudarat, which resulted in the death of an 18-year-old young man.
"We strongly reject the latest attack in Isulan, Sultan Kudarat, and we are deeply saddened by the death of an innocent victim, per first report, and pray for the rapid recovery of the wounded," said President Roald Rooke in a statement.
Roque said that President Rodrigo Duterte, who is in Israel for a four-day official state visit, had been informed of the attack.
"The president has been kept informed of all developments by the Philippine national police, who ordered his men on the spot to increase visibility and patrol and increase safety," he said.
Roque appealed to residents of Isulan to "report something suspicious to the authorities because we bring to justice all the guilty parties behind this cowardly attack".
According to the authorities, an improvised explosive exploded outside an internet café along Valdez Street in Barangay Kalawag 2 at 7:28 PM. on Sunday, killing the young man and hurting seven others.
The bombardment came after a man fired a powerful bomb in Barangay Kalawag 3 on 28 August, killing three people and 36 injuring them.
As a result of the bombing, Malacañang has made it possible to expand the state of siege in Mindanao. / CBB
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to access The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download from 4 hours and share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.
Contact us for feedback, complaints or questions.