Damaged bridge on the road to Morskie Oko near the city of Zazadnia.
Photo: PAP / Grzegorz Momot
The first degree weather warnings relate to storms, thunderstorms and heavy rainfall with thunderstorms.
The first-level warnings against thunderstorms apply to most of the Łódź province and the south-eastern part of the Wielkopolskie Voivodship. In this area storms with precipitation varying from 20 mm to 30 mm and wind gusts up to 65 km / h are predicted.
Pay attention! IMIn the province of Silesia and Lesser Poland gave IMGW warnings for the highest 3rd phase! ️
▶ ️ Intensive rain causes increased water levels in rivers. Ability to exceed alarm conditions, especially in the catchment areas of Skawa, Raba, Dunajec and Mała Wisła.
▶ ️ Ask for TR pic.twitter.com/1OFnbvLebE
– RCB (@RCB_RP) July 18, 2018
In Voivodships Mazowieckie and Lublin there are warnings on the first level for hailstorms. Storms with rainfall at locations of 10 mm to 20 mm, locally up to 30 mm and gusts up to 65 km / h are predicted. In some places, eavesdropping is possible.
Reading: Małopolska. 150 houses closed off from the world
On the other hand, in the south of Poland, in the southern part of the Silesia and the Małopolskie Voivodships and in most Podkarpackie Voivodeship, intensive rainfall with storms is considered. A rainfall of 20 mm to 35 mm is expected. During the rain, there will be storms with gusts up to 65 km / h.
It is intense today #deszcz. #burze and #grad they can occur almost everywhere in Poland, but the most likely are: in the south of Poland, the Lublin region, Mazovia, Wielkopolska, Ziemia Łódzka and Kujawy. According to predictions #IMGW precipitation can be 40 mm. #pogoda # safety pic.twitter.com/LYywYRGLXD
– RCB (@RCB_RP) July 19, 2018
In addition, hydrological warnings have been issued for nine provinces. For seven provinces – Pomerania, Western Pomerania, Greater Poland, Lodz, Świętokrzyskie, Opole and Podkarpackie – warnings were issued on the second level. In Silesia and Małopolska the highest third level of hydrological danger applies.
– Attract extra forces to the south of the country, which are aimed at possible support – said Prime Minister Mateusz Morawiecki Thursday. He emphasized that the services watched over the safety of the inhabitants.
– We will watch over the residents not to get hurt. And to eliminate the effects as much as possible and prevent the consequences of flooding in southern Poland – said Prime Minister Morawiecki. He noted that he is in constant contact with the services.
– During the night I spoke with the Minister of the Interior Joachim Brudzinski, who is constantly working on the pulse in the context of the risk of flooding, flooding, floods in the south of Poland – he said. He added that Dunajec and the south of Lesser Poland are particularly vulnerable.