The Institute of Meteorology and Water Management warns against strong gusts of wind. High snowfall will also be dangerous, which can be accompanied by snowstorms and snowstorms. Ice will occur in places.
The warnings for the first and second degree apply.
Second degree of danger
Second-degree warnings on a three-point scale were issued in the province of Sławno in the province Pomeranian and the Słupsk poviat in the voivodship Pomorskie. It is predicted that there is a gust of wind with an average speed of 40 to 50 km / h, rising to 95 km / h in gusts. It comes from the west and northwest and the warnings are valid until 9 pm on Tuesday.
Second degree warnings against strong gusts in the Pomeranian province will be extended and extended. In Słupsk, Słupsk, Lębork, Wejherowo, Puck, Gdynia, Sopot, Gdańsk and Nowodworskie arrondities there will be a strong wind with an average speed of 40 to 55 km / h, which in gusts will increase in intensity and will reach from 80 to 95 km / h. Notifications must apply 2 on Wednesday to 12th on Thursday.
In the south of the country intense snowfall is predicted from Tuesday to Wednesday. In voivodships:
– Silesian (poviats: Cieszyn, Bielsko, Bielsko-Biała, Żywiec), where they can fall from 40 to 50 centimeters of snow. The warning is valid from midnight to 12 noon on Thursday;
– less (in the districts Suski, Myślenice, Limanowa, Nowy Sącz, Gorlice, Nowy Targ and Tatra), where the snow layer will grow by 40-50 centimeters. The warning is valid from midnight to noon on Thursday;
– Podkarpackie (in the poviats: Jasielski, Krosno, Sanok, Leski and Bieszczady), where it falls from 40 to 50 centimeters of snow. The warning is valid from midnight to 12 noon on Thursday.
Warnings on the first level
Strong winds can be heard in various other regions. The IMGW has issued first-level warnings in the following provinces:
– Pomeranian (in provinces: Koszaliński, Koszalin, Białogard, Kołobrzeg, Gryfice, Kamień, Świnoujście), where a strong, westerly wind is expected with an average speed of 40 km / h to 55 km / h, in gusts up to 90 km / h. It will be dangerous Wednesday until 6 pm;
– Pomorskie (with the exception of the Słupsk and Człuchów poviats), where the average wind speed varies from 30 km / h to 45 km / h, at gusts up to 80 km / h. Alerts on the first level apply from 8 am on Wednesday to 5 am on Thursday;
– Lubuskie, where the average wind speed ranges from 25 km / h to 40 km / h, in gusts up to 70 km / h. The wind blows from the west and northwest, and the alarm lasts until 8 pm on Wednesday;
– Kuyavian-Pomeranian (except the districts: Sępólno, Nakło, Żabin, Mogilno, Inowrocław and Radziejów), where the western wind will travel at an average speed of 30 km / h to 45 km / h, and will reach 80 km / h in gusts of wind. Warnings apply from 8 on Wednesday to 5 on Thursday;
– tallerwhere a strong west and northwest wind is expected with an average speed of 25 km / h to 40 km / h, gusts up to 70 km / h. The warning is valid until 20 on Tuesday;
– Łódźwhere a strong wind with an average speed of 25 km / h up to 40 km / h is expected, with gusts up to 70 km / h. The wind comes from the west and northwest. The alarm is valid from 10 to 20 on Tuesday;
– Lower Silesiain which the western wind will blow with an average speed of 30 to 45 km / h, and in gusts up to 75 km / h. Notifications must apply from 7.30 pm on Tuesday to 8.30 am on Wednesday;
– Opole (with the exception of: Kluczbork, Olesno and Strzeleckie poviats), where the western and north-westerly winds are expected to have an average speed of 30-45 km / h, up to 75 km / h. The warning is valid from 10 pm on Tuesday to 8.30 am on Wednesday.
In the province Lower Silesia in mountain areas the occurrence of snowfall is expected, allowing the snow layer to grow up to 20 centimeters.
ZŁIEJE AND ZAMIECIE
In mountain prospectors of provinces Silesia, Lesser Poland and Podkarpackie IMGW anticipates the occurrence of snowstorms and snowstorms. It is caused by west and northwest wind with an average speed of 25-35 km / h, in gusts up to 65 km / h. Warnings apply from midnight to 12 noon on Thursday.
In the southern part of the province Lublin It is expected that the wet surface of roads and sidewalks will freeze after rain, snow and wet snow. The minimum temperature will be about -1 degrees Celsius, and the minimum temperature of the soil will be about -2 degrees Celsius. During the day the temperature will be around 0 ° C. Glazing warnings relate to Opolskie, Lublin, Świdnica, Krasnystaw, Chełm and Chełm poviats, Hrubieszów, Zamosc, Zamość, Tomaszów, Biłgoraj, Janów and Kraśnik. They must be in force 2 to 9 hours on Wednesday.
Prediction for the next days
Wednesday is cloudy with shades in Pomerania, Lubusz Land and Wielkopolska. Snow falls. Rainfall will be particularly intense in Podkarpacie – it will be about 10 centimeters. On thermometers we see a maximum of 0 degrees Celsius in the Suwalki region up to 3 degrees C in West Pomerania. The north and northwest winds blow strongly, with wind gusts it reaches speeds of 60-80 km / h. Locally it will cause a blizzard. There will be a storm on the Baltic Sea, the strength of which will reach Beaufort 10.
On Thursday, snow showers appear everywhere in the country. The maximum temperature is -3 ° C in the east of Poland to 2 ° C in West Pomerania. The wind is strong from the north, gusts reach 50-70 km / h in gusts. Local action, snow showers.
Friday promises to become cloudy and snowy. Only in Pomerania is rain and snow. The maximum temperature varies from -3 degrees Celsius in Podkarpacie to 4 degrees Celsius in Pomerania. The western wind will be quite strong, and the gusts of wind will have a speed of 45-60 km / h. They will cause snow storms.
We can also expect a cloudy sky on Saturday. Snow falls in the east of the country. Rain and rain will appear in other regions. Thermometers will show a maximum of -1 ° C in Podkarpacie to 5 ° C in Pomerania. The wind will calm down – the moderation from the northwest will flow.
Sunday will generally be cloudy. Snow will fall. The maximum temperature is -5 degrees Celsius in the Suwalki area to 2 degrees Celsius in Pomerania. He blows moderately from the north.
What does the second degree warning mean?
IMGW points out that when second-degree warnings are issued, "dangerous meteorological phenomena are expected that cause major material losses and threats to health and life." Hazardous phenomena or their effects strongly limit the operation of operations. Replace disturbances in daily functioning. Please note, the need to follow messages and weather conditions, follow all recommendations of emergency services in an emergency situation, adjust your plans to the weather conditions. "
What is the first degree warning?
The IMGW definition states that when the first-level warning applies, "conditions that are conducive to the occurrence of dangerous meteorological phenomena, which can cause material and health and life dangers, are predicted." Working in conditions of exposure to these factors is difficult and dangerous. of conducting activities in the field of the occurrence of a threat, including delays caused by traffic obstructions, disruptions in the course of outside events or the possibility of cancellation, prudence, the need to follow messages and the development of the weather situation. "