New bank with losses from 231 million to June



The new bank had a loss of 231.2 million euros up to June, compared with a negative result of 290.3 million euros in the first half of 2017, the company informed the market.

In a statement to the Securities and Exchange Commission (CMVM), the bank states that without the issuance and conversion of debts (with a negative effect of 79 million euros) and the cancellation of tax losses carried forward (with a euro) in the six months as a result of deferred tax assets were not considered recoverable, the loss would have been lower, of 121.2 million euros.

Between January and June, commercial bank income (sum of financial results and commissions) fell by 1.6% to Euro 361.1 million compared to the same half of 2017, with financial results down 4.1 per cent. % to 202 million euros, while the commissions rose by 1.7% to 159 million euros.

On the other hand, bank income (including commercial banking products with results from financial transactions and other operating results, both negative in the first half) declined significantly, from 20.8% to 345.8 million euros.

The bank headed by António Ramalho justifies the losses of 6.3 million euros in financial operations with the impact of offers and debt swaps.

In terms of costs, operating expenses decreased by 7.9% to EUR 244.2 million, mainly due to the reduction of offices and employees.

Still in the first half of the year, the recognized amount for impairment and provisions (to cover losses, particularly in respect of loans) amounted to 248.4 million euros, which is 40% less than provisions made in the first half of 2017.

Referring to the statement made today, the new bank president says that "the bank's performance in the first half is in line with the business plans already presented" and recalled that "the bank's restructuring will still take time and money. require ".

The new bank (established in August 2014 to keep the less problematic assets of the former BES) is 75% owned by the US investment fund Lone Star, while the remaining 25% is held by the Bank Resolution Fund.

More than 140 employees left the first semester

More than 140 employees left the New Bank in the first half of this year and bank branches were closed until July 66, according to the bank's semi-annual results released today.

At the end of June, the New Bank (the bank that was the result of BES & # 39; s resolution in 2014) had 5,340 employees, a decrease of 148 compared to December last year.

Of these, the majority are active in Portugal, 5,017, and the largest reduction was 139 people.

Already at international operations, the bank owned by Lone Star 323 employees had nine fewer than in December last year.

As far as branch offices are concerned, the New Bank has closed 30 branches in the first half (until June).

In July it closed another 36 branches, so by the end of July it had 382 branches in Portugal. In addition to national and international operations, the New Bank had 407 offices in July.

Earlier this year, under the leadership of António Ramalho, the bank indicated that in 2018 it wanted to close 73 branches. As far as employees are concerned, the sources with which Lusa contacted the target of reducing the number of employees by more than 400 this year using the current program of resolutions by mutual agreement and early retirement.

The new bank (established in August 2014 to keep the assets that are considered less problematic for the former BES) belongs to 75% of the US investment fund Lone Star, which holds 75% of the share capital and the Fund of the maintains banking (entity in the sphere of the state, managed by the Bank of Portugal) the remaining 25%.

From the end of 2014 to June of this year, the bank reduced the number of employees by 2,382 compared to the 7,722 employees they had at that time.

If the comparison is made by August 2014, the time of creation of the New Bank, the reduction is even greater, since the bank then had 7,886 people, or 2,547. However, the numbers are not directly comparable, because in the months after the resolution of BES there were many deviations from people who were looking for alternative work in the light of the instability of the bank.


Source link

Leave a Reply