Bihor: Committee investigating the cause of fire in the Episcopal Palace takes into account more hypotheses – essential



Representatives of the ISU, the Bihor police and the prefecture held a joint press conference on Sunday to explain the measures taken at the fire in the episcopal palace, and said that, according to Agerpres, several hypotheses about the cause had been taken into account.

"This morning a research committee from the fire brigade met, the work that will take place, given the fact that more hypotheses are being taken into account." When the investigation is completed, we come back with information about the cause of the fire, "he said First deputy chief inspector of the Crişana Emergency Situations Inspection of Bihor County, Major Csilik Alexandru, the head of the squad who carried out the interventions on the fire of coordinated on Saturday.

According to Csilik, there have been electrical problems some months ago with the lighting pillars on Mihai Pavel Street, the street where the side of the palace is the longest.

On Saturday evening, one hour before the fire alarm at 21.49 at 20.46, an Oradean made a 112 reference on Mihai Paul Street, drawing attention to the flame and sparks in a body of public lighting close to the palace, the whose public lighting system is connected to the grid, he said.

Although the fire brigade immediately announced Electrica, the crew would arrive on the spot, according to prefect Ioan Mihaiu, only after 30-40 minutes while being caught in another operation.

The ISU spokesman said the firefighters arrived on the spot in two minutes after the flame-related appeal to the palace. At 22.15 Csilik, when he saw the size of the fire, asked all possible troops of the Oradea Detachment 1 with extras from Baile 1 Mai and Săcueni. The Inspectorate's Task Force was activated, 114 sub-official fire brigades and six officers using 10 water and foam vehicles and two caravans, both inside and outside the palace intervening.

Chief Commissioner of IPJ Bihor, Chief Commissioner Alin Hanis said Sunday morning that the police had committed suicide for committing the crime of destruction, prosecutors went on the spot to investigate and a criminal case for destruction was opened. Furthermore, the palace area will be secured with protective fences and crews, to prevent any risk of injury to the population in the case of fragments from the discovered and damaged building, said Hanis.

Prefect Ioan Mihaiu has denied some statements in the press about the intervention of the firefighters and stressed that this was prompt, "in two minutes". As for the fire hydrants, he said they had water, but the pressure had to be increased, which was solved urgently. The need was filled with the fresh water from the nearby Crisul river.

At the invitation of the press conference, the representative of the Greek Catholic Episcopate, Anton Cioba, rector of the Greek-Catholic seminary, said that a committee of the department would carry out its own expertise and work on material and patrimonial damage, the latter being not so serious, because the building had previously been emptied of paintings and the archives of the department.

"There are only the walls, some tiles before 1948. It is true that the frescoes were destroyed and the chandeliers," said Father Cioba.

The building has no fire insurance because it is not in use and has to be rehabilitated after returning home. Only the façade has been restored, with projects for European funds being prepared with a view to internal rehabilitation.

"It is clear that you want the firefighters to act differently or you think it's good. At the same time they have rules, they know what they have to do, and it's normal to think they've gotten the game to do what they we can not criticize, we do not judge, we see the facts and we want all measures to be taken in the future so that they will not end up in such situations, "said Anton Cioba.


Source link

Leave a Reply