Carmen Dan ->
Interior Minister, Carmen Dan, held a press statement at the MAI headquarters on Sunday events at the demonstrations on 10 August.
Synthesis of statements:
– Today I received the report of 10 August, a report that I have requested.
– Starting with to present my apologies to all who have suffered either civilians or soldiers
– I do not hesitate to present this report if this is requested. And because I was present at the committee, I inform you that I have not received any guest so far, but I am ready to present this information to the members of the committee.
– To date, 21 criminal cases have been opened, of which three with unknown author. 3 arrests and two persons placed under judicial control.
– Starting tomorrow we start and we go to the public prosecutor's offices and other notifications, information and dates. It is a difficult process to view such a large number of images.
– Until now, the gendarmerie identified hundreds of people who committed violence. These people are busy with identification.
– Internal control has started with the actions of the gendarmes and 5 cases of abuse have been detected against persons who have not committed violence.
– Even if the public meeting was originally intended as a legal meeting, the protest was not taken over by an organization that supported this event.
– In connection with the use of the tear gas used, these substances have been approved and certified.
– The report has 90 tabs. Some information refers to data that the MIA has requested from other institutions, so some aspects of the report can not reveal it. MAI has officially asked the intelligence services about the risks of the protest. The information flow dealt with general issues, without news, without struggling with serious problems.
– We asked the same institutions for information about the people who generated acts of violence. I mention that the information received before 10 August did not point to a possible public order crisis that could threaten public, political and social stability
– There were two groups of demonstrators, one on Victoria Square, one on the University Square. There were no intentions of the gendarmes to provoke crowds. The prefect was introduced onto the market at 4 pm. The clusters went to the entrance of the courtyard of Victoria Palace, between cars, from Paris. For the government, constant pressure can regroup the gendarmes. The gendarmerie currently used irritating gas.
– Time 16:53, the first wounded gendarme. The gendarmes opted for defensive, disheartening action, which the group of demonstrators repelled. According to art. 17 of Law 60/1991, when public meetings lose their peaceful character, the authorities can intervene to restore public order
– 18:00. The commander of the action calls a meeting with the heads of the device. A military prosecutor also attended the meeting at
– 6:48 PM. The rise of football galleries on the market. Their arrival did not take place in an organized group, as a result of which the Gendarmerie could not block access to the market.
– Actions manifested individually or gradually, with increased mobility, both in the contact area and the participants. The aggressors used the first rows of demonstrators as a human shield. Peaceful people could not distance themselves from aggressive actions. The peaceful have taken on the consequences of the actions of the rejection of the violent by tear gas
– 20:00. The commander presents the need for an intervention to restore public order. The prefect agrees. There is mention of the presence of a group of violent supporters at Iancu de Hunedoara. There were people who did not align themselves with the aggressive.
– hours 21: 00-22: 00. Repeated warnings and warnings with sound intervention devices have been repeated. It was then a final summit for demonstrators to leave the market.
– Time 22:53, 112 dispatcher signals that there are violent people at Calea Buzeşti. The Gendarmerie calls for police intervention.
– Time 23:01. The crews say there is no violence or vandalism in the area, so they withdraw. The crew is blocked by people. Three other police officers are then blocked. The gendarmes are sent to the blocked police. At this point, the two gendarmes are isolated, one of them being stolen. The commander ordered the restoration of public order.
– A firearm was stolen, in possession of an aggressor.
– At 1 pm public order was restored
– If the Gendarmerie has a law allowing the use of the equipment, there is no law that gives demonstrators the use of blunt objects. 70 people were transported to the hospital, including 14 gendarmes. Click here to install the ProTV news for Android and iPhone phones
On Prost News Instagram find the photo & # 39; s of the moment in Romania, but also in the world!