<! – Klaus Iohannis ->
President Klaus Iohannis made it clear to Romanian diplomats that Romania's stability and credibility in foreign policy also includes the preservation and defense of the rule of law, the independence of justice and the continuation of the fight against corruption.
The news is being updated!
The speech of the President of Romania is broadcast on LIVE on www.stirileprotv.ro and on the Facebook page of Pro TV News.
The President of Romania made these statements in the Cotroceni Palace, for the heads of missions and general consuls, during the annual meeting of Romanian diplomacy.
Johannis has raised the alarm on the rule of law, saying that it is not "it is unacceptable to take steps in the Centennial Year ".
"The stability and credibility of Romania at the external level also means the preservation and defense of the rule of law, the independence of the judiciary and the continuation of the fight against corruption to the same standard as before. . " – said Klaus Iohannis.
The President of Romania also said that the foreign policy of Romania has no place for "controversial personal experiments, amateurism, diplomatic blunders. "
"The stability and predictability of Romania's foreign policy are essential to our credibility as an external player. (…) In Romania's foreign policy there is no room for questionable experiments with personal names, amateurism, diplomatic blunders, because they are all very harmful to our national interests and goals. "said the head of state.
Klaus Iohannis said that the foundations of foreign policy remain the same, indicating Strengthen the strategic partnership with the US. and increasing the role and efficiency in the EU and NATO.
"The foundations of our foreign policy remain the same ", Said Iohannis at a meeting with the heads of missions and general consuls at the annual meeting of Romanian diplomacy, citing the strengthening of the strategic partnership with the US and increasing the role and efficiency in the EU and NATO.
According to the head of state, the continuation of the strategic partnership with the US remains a priority of "first rank".
Summary of statements by the President of Romania, Klaus Iohannis:
– This is a very important year.
– I want to highlight some important points. I remind you that it is necessary to act vigorously and effectively.
– Foreign policy is not a place of amateurism. In foreign policy there is only room for rejection and for national political consensus on issues related to our external goals. I will continue to defend these values for the well-being of Romania and the Romanians.
– The stability and credibility of Romania at the external level also means the preservation and defense of the rule of law, the independence of the judiciary and the continuation of the fight against corruption to the same standard as before. It is not allowed for us to take steps in the centenary. This presupposes a stronger and more resilient Romania. A better performing state in which liberal democracy and the rule of law are fully consolidated, without independent justice, a state that acts in the interests of all citizens and is able to offer prosperity and security.
– As chairman, I will do my best in my constitutional powers to achieve this goal.
The meeting takes place until Wednesday in Bucharest and is organized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, with the theme "Diplomacy – a pillar of Centenary Romania", writes Agerpres.
The special guest of the meeting is German Foreign Minister Heiko Maas, with whom the head of state met on Monday.
on Instagram ProTV News find the photo's of the moment in Romania, but also in the world!
CLICK HERE to install ProTV News for Android and iPhone phones for FREE!